Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whistling noise

Glide

Corvette
1971 Shark, 1985 C4, 2011 C6, 99 FRC. 66 Coupe
I have just recently bought a 99 FRC w/25k. The motor makes a very faint whistling noise while running. Is this normal or a vacuum leak? Car runs perfect. If vacuum related where is the most logical place for a leak? Trying not to spray WD40 all over my engine if I don't have to..

TIA

Cleveland Rocs:beer

I have been chasing similar noise on my car for over a year, don't think its normal but like yours it runs great. If you can be more specific as to when the noise appears or changes pitch ( IE: accelerating, decelerating, when cold, etc.) them maybe it could help in narrowing the source. Regards, Zig.

whistle

Mind doses the same thing, usualy when the engine is cold (more so in the colder weather) and between 1900-2100 rpms.

Mine, like yours also runs great!

Dave

Mind doses the same thing, usualy when the engine is cold (more so in the colder weather) and between 1900-2100 rpms.

Mine, like yours also runs great!

Dave

Mine only at idle with the hood open but I'm kinda anal when it comes to my sports cars. I'll wiggle some hoses today since it's so nice out. Thanks!

I had this issue when I change my intake to the newer version (01'+) I forgot to hook up a small vacuum line on the back of the intake. The whistle was very apparent after I started it up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom