Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

White Grand Sport

The look on your dad's face is worth a million dollars..... So cool!

thanks for sharing...you will have fun with it for sure....also thanks for sharing the Classic instruments link.....

There will be many more updates to the article, as I finish the final details on the car prior to driving it. We'll make a jig for the LS headers/sidepipes so they'll be available to anyone interested in a set for a Mongoose car.
As most of you know, you can tweak or "refine" cars forever and I'll pass on anything that I learn to Gary and the crew at Mongoose. They are always eager to incorporate improvements so their customers will receive the finest cars possible...and I really like that business attitude.
I appreciate all the positive response from everyone.
Larry

We've made a lot more progress on the car since my last post. The article I'm doing is pretty much up to date with the work we completed last weekend. My Dad was a sport
We finished the rear jacking post today, and we're almost finished with a billet thermostat housing we're making on the CNC machine. There were no aftermarket housings on the market that put the hose in the proper position, so we're making one that's right.
I'm hoping to have it running in less than 2-weeks.
Larry

The car saw the sun for the first time since January today. I drove it around to the front of the shop for a picture:
We still have to get the ECU and the cam/crank sensors coordinated properly, but we'll get that finished up Tuesday, so hopefully, it'll be heading to the house next weekend.

rolling4.jpg

Now the fun starts. Congrats.:D

Tom

Did I read or hear about Mongoose being under fire from GM about these cars? Not quite sure I understand what there beef is. ;shrug

We'll have to see how things work out between GM and Mongoose. Personally, I think GM should be proud of them because they are they are so dedicated to building good cars at affordable prices. Unlike some of the others building these cars, I have yet to find anyone with anything bad to say about Mongoose...which is exactly why I had them build mine.
Here's the complete story on my car to-date:
My Dad was a sport

Larry

I agree with you 100%, that's why I can't understand what the problem is. Glad that you got yours and that you have enjoyed it already.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom