Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who has Flowmaster Force II system on LT1

Alex D

Corvette
2004 Coupe A4, Mag Red II
I leaning towards buying a Flowmaster Force II system for my 96 LT1......Who can tell me how you like yours..........I know the Corsa is the perennial favorite, but actually the sound of the Flowmaster and Corsa are very close. Often resonance is mentioned, that was true with the original flowmaster mufflers....the force II system has the 50s series mufflers that are much better and do not have resonance......
any way please give input !!

thank you!!

If I am not mistaken the Flowmaster system for the 92-96 LT1 is the same system as the 90-95 ZR-1. Which is what I have on my ZR-1. I have yet to notice any resonance. And to me, they sound a lot better than the Corsas. I am not a fan of the Corsa sound. A bit too raspy. I prefer the look of the Corsa over the Flowmaster. But the Flowmasters sound better IMO. One of these days I will get a video or audio file of how they sound.

I have driven in Biz's car and agree with him on the no resonance with the Flows... the Corsa's built better I'd say, but I agree on the sound is weird, sounds like it is suppose to be on a boat. :)

When exhaust goes on my car in a couple months (LT4) it will either be custom system using the stock mufflers or a Flowmaster Force II (with some better looking tips!!)

Thanks for the input guys! I apreciate it!
I am going for the Flowmaster system. BTW both, Flowmaster and Corsa have excellent sound files on their web sites!! Check it out.

Can anyone please post some pics of their Flowmaster system? Especially the rear view......tips and from under the car (mufflers etc.)
Thanks guys !!

I have the Flowmasters on my Z and they sound very good with no resonance. :D

Jay

What causes resonance? Is it imbalance in the exhaust system?

I have an L98 with Flowmasters and the interior resonance is high enough to rattle the interior parts. For "normal" people, it'd be a PITA, but I'm not "normal" by any means so I love the rumble!:L But I love the growling sound and just today, I had a buddy rev the car a little bit while I was standing about 4 feet away, admiring the sound. I thought that for the money, you couldn't really beat Flowmaster.

Will the resonator on the LT cars balance out flow to the muffler?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom