Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who Has Installed New C5 Seat Covers???

Dragon Daddy

Corvette
Has anyone installed new seat covers from either West Coast Corvettes or Vette Essentials?

If so, were you pleased with the quality and how they fit?

I want to maximize my potential for a quality installation, so I am interested in your experience.

Thanks.

DD

I bought and installed the Vette Essential covers and I love them, the quality is definitely top notch, one thing I would suggest is to go ahead and put new seat foam in at the same time that way they will fit just like new seats they are pricey but well worth it just dont get in a hurry with them and follow the instructions on their website for the installation:thumb

I bought and installed the Vette Essential covers and I love them, the quality is definitely top notch, one thing I would suggest is to go ahead and put new seat foam in at the same time that way they will fit just like new seats they are pricey but well worth it just dont get in a hurry with them and follow the instructions on their website for the installation:thumb

jonc,

Thanks. I continue to hear good things about Vette Essential.

The foam replacement was also referenced. Thanks for confirming that this is important.

DD

jonc,

Thanks. I continue to hear good things about Vette Essential.

The foam replacement was also referenced. Thanks for confirming that this is important.

DD
I'm thinking I may use them as well. This link on their website gives very nice step by step instructions. It looks like it's just one of those things where you just have to be patient. I'm still trying to swallow the $2grand price tag though. But then, I've heard nothing but great things about them.

here is mine I dug out the receipts and it is 2K for the seat covers:

P2190029.jpg

P2190020.jpg

P2190016.jpg

Installed or did you install?

I installed them, they have some very detailed instructions on their website and you can do it. The first one took me about twice as long to do as the 2nd one but it isnt anything you cant do. I do know people that have taken their seats to local upholster shops and had them do it for them and they were charged in the 150-200 range. but really if you go slow you can handle it just lots of pushing and pulling. I did have my local dealer do the wheel since there was an airbag involved and I didnt want to take a chance of blowing that thing up. if you do order from VE they will take some time to get because they build them to your order specs, but they are very good to work with:thumb

here is mine I dug out the receipts and it is 2K for the seat covers:
Geez, those are nice looking seats. I'm going for pretty much the opposite effect as yours. I'll have black everywhere you don't and where you have black, I'll have pewter. I'm on the fence about the steering wheel but that sure looks sweet, door handles too. Thanks for posting the pics!

- Eric:w

Geez, those are nice looking seats. I'm going for pretty much the opposite effect as yours. I'll have black everywhere you don't and where you have black, I'll have pewter. I'm on the fence about the steering wheel but that sure looks sweet, door handles too. Thanks for posting the pics!

- Eric:w

I thought you might want to see some before and after pics with Pewter VE interior pieces.....

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

My interior is four years old now, and it is starting to show a little wear, but my car has become a daily driver too.....;)

I thought you might want to see some before and after pics with Pewter VE interior pieces.....
standard.jpg

My interior is four years old now, and it is starting to show a little wear, but my car has become a daily driver too.....;)
Very nice, thanks for posting:upthumbs! - Eric:w

I received a couple of photo's from one of my pals in California, Manteca to be exact ;)

81 Mako (Dave) took his seats out and took them down to a upholstry shop near him and had them install new foam on the bottom seat of the driverside then sew in the Silver bolsters and head rest..

He said it was a lot cheaper than new skins ;)

When I lived in Modesto, I had a little upholstry shop in Modesto do the side bolsters on the driverseat on Rare.. and they too did a fantastic job matching the silver leather and repairing the torn seam with the same "french" style stitching..

Here are 81 Mako's in his C5..

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bud

Those seats look great. One of the problems with my 01 is the seat foam on the drivers side is flat (for lack of a better term) and the left upper bolster has some marks. I was thinking about having those things fixed, but with the cost of new foam and new seats (both driver and passenger because they don't seem to sell just one) I was holding back, Maybe I'll talk to the local upholstery guy to see what he could do.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom