Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Who has the highest mileage LT4?

1996 LT4 Topic

How often do you change the Mobil 1 in your LT4?

• Every 3,000 miles like Jiffy Lube tells me to.

Votes: 28 38.4%
  • 4,000-5,000

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • 5,000-6,000

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • 6,000-7,000

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • 7,000-8,000

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • 8,000-9,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9,000-10,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10,000 or more

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
LT4

Well, mine just passed 50K. I was planning on getting a C6 Z06 when I wore this one out but judging from some of the posts here, that might be a while...;)

I was suprised yesterday when I went Kelly Blue book .com and priced a 99 C5 LS1 auto Hard Top with 95,000 miles that is just fair to good shape that my friend wants $10K for.Thought that was Way too low of a price. My 96 LT4 had a higher resale value than a 99. But my 96 looks New and has 80,000 on the odometer, but I just had a new Forged crank, rods and .020 pistons installed and all parts were rebalanced. I will keep my LT4 the heck with a C6 and more car payments.

That’s the best kind of Corvette to have... one that’s paid for. ;)

B17Crew
:w

Absolutely! The current LT4 as well as my previous two C4s were cash deals. Having a car payment that's half as much as my mortgage payment would take a lot of the fun out of it...

Absolutely! The current LT4 as well as my previous two C4s were cash deals. Having a car payment that's half as much as my mortgage payment would take a lot of the fun out of it...

The new ones are pricey, but I have to admit, they are well worth it!

B17Crew

B17Crew:

Did you ever find the ZR1 that you were looking for some months ago?

Hi Louis....finnaly got my clutch stuff worked out....& O-2 sensor issues as well. NOW my digital dash blinks "SYS" 3 times....benn looking at my Service Manual....

160,000 on mine. I hope to wear the drivers' seat out before the motor goes!

Hi Louis....finnaly got my clutch stuff worked out....& O-2 sensor issues as well. NOW my digital dash blinks "SYS" 3 times....benn looking at my Service Manual....

Like your LT4 :) let me know what was wrong with "SYS" codes??

B17Crew:

Did you ever find the ZR1 that you were looking for some months ago?

Boeingdriver,
Sorry for missing your question, I revisited this thread and saw your post.

I’ve decided to keep my LT4. In two to three years I’m either going to add a ’92-’94 ZR-1 or ’96 LT4 vert to the stable to keep my LT4 company.

B17Crew

I am 65 years old and drive a 94 convertiable I bought new and have modied it about 5 times to around 500HP. I get a kick out of everybody changing oil at 3-5,000 miles since that is what the oil companies want you to believe. I have raced since I was 16 years old and oil is very inportant, but since I am now in AZ and not in Chi Town I don't race here, but I can tell you I change my oil once a year now since my car has 16,850 miles and I only drive to cruise nites.. but my daily driver I change my Mobile One every 8,000 miles, drive in the shop, drop & change the filter, top the oil off & drive another 5,000 miles. Engine is clean and runs strong.

for movn 94, I'm 71 and like you go to the cruise nights, I'm sure you remember the "real" cruise nights with car hops and all

Yahoo news wrote of a 91 Silverado from Wisc that just 1200 mi short of 1 million miles.
300 + oil changes.
Shell or GM may be interested in purchasing it.
CBS news filmed it but no word if it would make the airways.

I have +120,000 on my LT4. Still strong. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom