Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who insures your ZR-1 ?

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #3010
I was with Allstate then switched to Progressive. My curent policy is up and it looks like I'm switching again. Leland West gave me a great quote online but I'm sure that will change a bit when I call over the phone because their website asks very general questions. I was just wondering who everybody uses.

Jay

Thanks for the info. I just filled out an online app. We'll see what happens

jay

TAC said:
I will probably switch to Grundy at www.grundy.com. $400/year for full coverage and no deductible. :)

That is a good quote but...there is no bodilly injury or property damage. I e-mailed them and asked to add these carriers. Has anyone else used these guys?

I have USAA thats military of course but I pay 800 a year for my ZR1 daily driver But no agrred value that I dont like.

I have talked to state farm and they ****ed me off so Looks Like ill stick with these guys untill I buy me a beater and I can put the ZR1 away for fun rides but I dont want milage limitations because that is not me I drive the car!

johnny

phrogs said:
I have USAA thats military of course but I pay 800 a year for my ZR1 daily driver But no agrred value that I dont like.

I have talked to state farm and they ****ed me off so Looks Like ill stick with these guys untill I buy me a beater and I can put the ZR1 away for fun rides but I dont want milage limitations because that is not me I drive the car!

johnny

I have USAA also. I have had them for years and never had a claim until I wrecked my 91 ZR-1. THE EXPERIENCE WAS AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY!

They quoted me 2400 to buy back the car, When I sent them the check, they changed their mind to 6500. So I blew up and almost strangled my girl that handled the claim. I got absolutely NO satisfaction from her then got hold of her boss and turned him every way but loose. Then he settled at the original amount.

Then...they couldnt get it through their thick heads that I had replaced the car with another 91 ZR-1. So they didn't want to pay the sales tax as per Florida law!

Three months later I finally got the check after about 10 phone calls (where I was mostly ignored). I guess they hoped I would go away. But I'm much to confrontational for that!

I have yet to get the salavage title from them...and I have sold the car over four weeks ago!

They should have paid me for all of the time and effort it took me to get satisfied.

Since 9-11 you cannot go into their building and all calls are answered via phone mail!!!!!

Very frustrating group!!!!!:mad :mad

Grundy will not insure a 87 vette unless you have a older one too.... be there tried that !

I have been with Grundy for over 2 years now and I have no plans on going elsewhere. My rate is $615.00 in California for a 42 years old male driver with a clean record. I have a policy of $55,000 full cash value at no deductible. That’s a pretty good coverage that’s hard to beat.

TWINRAY said:
Try American Collectors Insurance in New Jersey. I've had them for over 10 years.:w

I got a quote from them at $650/year. That's about what I pay now!

I just got my renewal for my 95 ZR-1 from Sneed, Robinson & Gerber. Went down a little this year to $696.

Fully insured value, no limit on miles but not to be used as daily driver.

Cool. Thanks for all the info everyone. I filled out a few apps so I should find something out soon.

Jay

State Farm for the last 20 years.. I do get a group rate;)

How many of your policies are for an agreed upon amount ? If they are for market value what is they amount you,d get if the car was totaled..? Thanks ...say for a 91 zr1 ? or what ever year you have ....

Wegone said:
State Farm for the last 20 years.. I do get a group rate;)

State Farm 31 years, multi-car discount.

Went with State Farm because they were Corvette friendly at the time when most others were not.

Just an FYI:

I saw that Progressive will pay off my loan in the event of devistation and jumped on it. Considering I decided to finance 100% of my 'vette in order to have several thousand dollars to put into mods and any unexpected repairs, this is a fantastic option. If you guys don't have your 'vettes financed so horribly, it won't really matter to you, but this option could save my butt.

-Mike

White 68 said:
How many of your policies are for an agreed upon amount ? If they are for market value what is they amount you,d get if the car was totaled..? Thanks ...say for a 91 zr1 ? or what ever year you have ....

Both ZR-1s have a set value...$XX over market value, not that much extra

For those who are insured by Grundy:

I just received my application. They say you can only drive your car to club events, parades and public displays.

What about pleasure driving?

Has anyone placed an accident or theft claim with Grundy? Where were you heading at the time?

Thanks, Bill

Leland West

Grundy wouldn't insure me until I owned the car for 1 year, not to metion the person i talked with on the phone had never heard of a ZR-1 & said he didn't think they would cover one- it needed to be an exotic... I went with Leland for $500/year deal. It's up for the winter most of the year.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom