Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who is going to Carlisle??

S

studiog

I will once again miss Carlisle as it falls on the same weekend as my family's annual camping trip that I started about 10 years ago. Every summer we camp on an island on Indian Lake in the Adirondacks. It is great fun as many of my nieces and nephews are now old enough to participate. It is mostly Dads and kids. HOWEVER next year will be different as everyone can now make the camping trip earlier in the month. My Vette will be done next summer (better be done) and I am already looking forward to the Carlisle trip. I think I am most excited about perhaps meeting in person some of the people I have gotten to know on this site. There are allot of really good people here and it would be great to see them face to face. So I was just wondering who of you attend this event. Hope you all enjoy the show this year and have a safe trip.

When ever I hear indian lake I tremble.I almost fell in a lake up there on my snowmobile.

Anyways I will be at carlilse with my entire family.Is something you just have to exsperiance at least once.There are some many cars its shocking. Its just too cool to sit out side of the sunaco station and see all of the cars pulling up to fill up I mean its like the sixteys all over again with all of the eraley cars driving around in town.

You know we were speaking to a group of people and they were asking us to go to a car show that weekend and my son explained that was corvettes of carlilse.the folks never heard of the show and my son was shocked and could not understand how every body doesnt know about it,as he explained to the folks it the biggest vette show ever

I think you have to change your family vacation next year, it is always on the last weekend of August :D I am going, still havent figured out if I am bringing my car yet, although I got my pass in the mail the other day. I hope you can make it sometime, you will be glad you went.

Tom M

Studiog,

You definitely have to make it to Carlisle!!! As someone already said, it is always held the last weekend in August, without fail, so everyone should do what we do...plan our summer around it!:L Next year's event is going to be August 26-28, 2005.

Have a good time on your family vacation...and think of us!

Elaine

I will be on fun field with 2002 Electron Blue Convertible...63 still in shop, we tried to get it there, but just to much to do and will not rush it....I got VA tags on 2002 ...."LQNGOOD".....here it is below...come by and say hi..

vert1.jpg

Well, Linda and I planned on being there from late Thurs. night until midday Sun but now plans have changed.
BABY is not in any shape to go as the body shop wasn't able to get her fixed in time and I'll not take her the way she is and we haven't found a petsitter for all those days for the 2 cats and the border collie.
So........looks like we are going to have to cancel the hotel and just make a day trip of it one day, probably on Sat.
It's really just as well. As much as I was looking forward to it, since I've been laid off and unemployed since April 30th it would be good to save the hotel and meal expenses and that money instead can go toward the parts I need to try and find when I'm there.

We'll be there, Thursday evening, Dennis, Larry and myself. Wave, if you see three midyears on I-81 Thursday headed north!

:w

Driving up Friday in my 66, this is the first long trip with the car, can anyone recommend a good place to clean it up

My daughter and I will be arriving early Friday morning. We were going to make a whole weekend out of it,but I thought that just spending Friday there would be more than enough for her interests. When I told her of the change in plans she said...." but dad..if we don't go on Saturday too,we'll miss hearing ALL the corvettes revving their engines at noon". :) So, it looks like we'll be doing Saturday as well. What a kid....and she's only 12 !! She wants to video the whole thing. Something tells me she'll be driving a vette someday too. :Steer

im a goin!!!

i missed last year :mad

but i will just be going friday

is anybody meeting up there?

matt

Carlisle

Hi!

My wife and I will driving down on Thursday and hope to stay until late Saturday. Will be driving the pickup truck as I am in need of "PARTS" for the next project car.

Wednesday..Aug 25
30.gif
Partly Cloudy83°/63° 10%
Thursday.. Aug 26
30.gif
Partly Cloudy81°/63° 20%
Friday..Aug 27
30.gif
Partly Cloudy84°/65° 20%
SATURDAY......Aug 28
30.gif
Partly Cloudy85°/66° 20%
SUNDAY....Aug 29
37.gif
Isolated T-Storms84°/67° 30%

From the Weather Channel...

cfalson said:
Driving up Friday in my 66, this is the first long trip with the car, can anyone recommend a good place to clean it up
There are facilities to hand wash your car right in the field...just into Gate 3.

Elaine

Hey Jon..if you hurry...I just canceled my reservation for Saturday night at the Holiday Inn.

Carlisle

JonM

We are staying in Harrisburg PA the closest motel that I could find with a vacancy and it is only about 20 miles from the fair grounds. Last year it took me about 20 minutes to get out of a Carlisle motel parking lot.

Jon,

Call around to the Carlisle hotels. Chances are good that cancellations are coming in now that it's this close! Try to get there!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom