Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Who uses Marvel Mystery Oil or Z-max???

I have never used it in either of my Vettes, but I have used it in a 1987 Monte Carlo Luxery Sport V8. I mixed about 8 ounces with the oil. What it did was stopped the little puff of smoke that would appear from the valve seals when the car would sit for several days, and it helped with a lifter click the car would also get after sitting several days. I also used it in a high milage Chevy Lumina to help quite the lifters.

I would use it in a older car or Corvette for that matter but would ask a trusted mechanic before using in a C4 or newer Corvette

does anyone here know how there refrigerator works?
how about your cell phone
or your TV?
I know how those things work and how a bunch of other things work. What really fascinates me is how the human brain fails to work most of the time.

CG

oh...silly me
i just noticed that your from canada

never mind....lol

Final post:
“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” Ayn Rand

CG

oh...silly me
i just noticed that your from canada

never mind....lol

Oh darn, ya got me with that clever come back. I was expecting the McKenzie Brothers 'take off eh, hoser' line also.

Umm lessee here, LA huh. OK. Umm- got it! Are you the fruit, flake or nut that goes into a cereal box?

And it's spelled you're, not your. ;LOL

Oh darn, ya got me with that clever come back. I was expecting the McKenzie Brothers 'take off eh, hoser' line also.

Umm lessee here, LA huh. OK. Umm- got it! Are you the fruit, flake or nut that goes into a cereal box?

And it's spelled you're, not your. ;LOL

trust me, eh?
i thought about it, but you have enough problems without messin wif texas:w

For y'all who haven't been around the CAC long enough to remember a Vette guy who went on to his reward, my old friend Ken had a great thread started here on these very same topics- oils and engine lubrication. Great info on lubrication, oils, and other stuff. :thumb

-Kane
Remember him well!!:thumb
He Never had a Bad Day!!:thumb:thumb
I ended up with allot of his Research material!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
Was a Super Duper Guy and Great Friend!!:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:BOW:BOW:BOW

- even STP improved viscosity enough to cut down on oil consumption.
So will 90W-140 gear lube but I'm not putting it in my crankcase!:boogie:boogie:boogie

:D

I've used MMO for years in all my cars.Every Oct-Apr when I do an Oil change I use about 2 pints per oil change.

I use it in the winter for added protection against dry winter starts.Sometimes many of my cars will sit for 1-2 months without being started or driven.It has a high film strength that helps in this regard.

I also run in the gas when I do the oil change.It helps to negate any harmful effects of 10% Ethanol gasoline.

Also,many engine builders here in the south use it as a dyno break-n oil for new & rebuilt engines.

I am pleased with it and have never had any problems associated with it.

That's my opinion.Like others,I can't prove or disprove it's effectiveness,but it works for me in my applications.

I also like BG44K as a heavy-duty gas additive cleaner.I use it in all the cars every 10k.

\db2
Carolina

Remember him well!!:thumb
He Never had a Bad Day!!:thumb:thumb
I ended up with allot of his Research material!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
Was a Super Duper Guy and Great Friend!!:thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:BOW:BOW:BOW

So will 90W-140 gear lube but I'm not putting it in my crankcase!:boogie:boogie:boogie

:D

sorry bout yer friend...time spent is valuable..
btw
i love those wheels..that deep dish..any idea as to the brand and size?:w

Final post:
“Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” Ayn Rand

CG

.." let those who are ignorant remain ignorant"
Jesus Christ

the real final word

That's my opinion.Like others,I can't prove or disprove it's effectiveness,but it works for me in my applications.

How can you state that 'it works'? I've done all the short term/long term storage/new engine/ethanol gas stuff too- without using any additives and never had a moments worth of problems. I've owned some of my toys since the early 70s. Any durability/longevity/reliability problems would have shown up by now. My winter toys sit all summer and my summer toys sit all winter - no ill effects to report in either case.

It works

How can you state that 'it works'? I've done all the short term/long term storage/new engine/ethanol gas stuff too- without using any additives and never had a moments worth of problems. I've owned some of my toys since the early 70s. Any durability/longevity/reliability problems would have shown up by now. My winter toys sit all summer and my summer toys sit all winter - no ill effects to report in either case.

I think you could say it works; like the portholes on the old Buicks worked; or like the fins on the '59 Cadillac worked; If you put it in there it has to do something.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom