Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

who works on their vettes?

Just about everything. ;)

frame-paint01.jpg

I do more all the time. I have some good resources at work if I get stuck. Up until last week, I had only a few tools. I've recently acquired a bunch, so I'll be trying more on my own.

I have worked on Gail since I bought her back in 1985. I have enjoyed it a lot more since I started driving another daily driver 12 years ago.

Fixing or working on the Vette while depending on it sucks big time! The Vette has had so far about a year off the road while I worked on her engine, and still today (where I am perhaps about a week from finally starting the newly overhauled engine) I do enjoy walking into the garage, picking-up a wrench, and whenever I decided to stop, I'll know that I'll be able to pick it up again the next time. I call it therapy.;)

GerryLP:cool

I do everything myself, and not just the vette...

I almost completely built my car from scratch, not just bolting stuff on but designing and building almost everything, suspension,s teering, braking, engine...you name it, I probably did it on this car.

I almost completely built my car from scratch, not just bolting stuff on but designing and building almost everything, suspension,s teering, braking, engine...you name it, I probably did it on this car.
I am building a tractor from scratch, just as you described. Mostly Chevy, with a Ford front axle and a Dodge gas cap! It'll probably be the last thing I ride in just before the hearse. . .

Craig

well.. atleast you will remember the ride , Craig !;LOL

Tom

Bair's rebuilt my trailing arms, but I had pulled them off, then re-installed them.
A shop checked my alignment. (I put in a different shim and it was OK then.)
I do all engine/interior work/replacement. I won't crack open a transmission, but I yanked my old one out and replaced it with a new one.
I plan on doing some body work, but doubt that I'll do the painting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom