Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who's Moving On To A C6?

I'm gonna hold on to what I have..they make me happy. :)

Be well, :w
Pedro[/quote]If your happy we're all happy for ya,enjoy!:D

My 2004 will be in my estate, but I am also seriously looking to buy a 2008 convertible.

Here's why - power top roadster, 430 hp with AC (more hp than ANY Vette engine ever made previously with AC, the '69/70 427-390 was the previous max), Z-51 package, heated and cooled seats, navigation, great wheels, AND most importantly after the last gas crisis in the early 70's look what they did to the Corvettes, they were basically emasculated for about 15 years until the late 1980s. There may never be another 400+ hp Corvette; almost certainly not after 2009.

My 2004 will be in my estate, but I am also seriously looking to buy a 2008 convertible.

Here's why - power top roadster, 430 hp with AC (more hp than ANY Vette engine ever made previously with AC, the '69/70 427-390 was the previous max), Z-51 package, heated and cooled seats, navigation, great wheels, AND most importantly after the last gas crisis in the early 70's look what they did to the Corvettes, they were basically emasculated for about 15 years until the late 1980s. There may never be another 400+ hp Corvette; almost certainly not after 2009.

Lets hope there will be vetts after 09.Sales are terrible and Gm is closing plants.Lets just hope some bean counter doesn't get us.:ugh

Since the old lightning is paid for I rather spend the $K on upgrading it than buy new and spend some more on upgrades. The C6 might look better on paper but on street or track the C5 holds it's own very well. Besides it has grown on me :).

I've never had the urge to trade my C5 in for a C6. I have had the urge to trade it in for a Porsche GT2. Time will tell.

Same here, except I'd love to trade up to a later model Lamborghini Diablo some day. I almost pulled the trigger last year, but wimped out.

carpictures004.jpg

That's me in the passenger seat going for a test ride.

I love the lines of a C5 roadster

"Do I love the C6 enough to get one?". Again for me the answer is no.
We all have our favorite generation/s.

It was love at first sight for me when the C5 first came out. I have 2 C5 verts, and the C6 probably wouldn't give me any more thrill to drive. IMHO, the differences in the 2 generations aren't enough to take the plunge. Maybe when the C7 comes out I'll take the plunge. Even then, though, I'll buy one with a few years on it and let someone else pay the majority of it's depreciation.

While the C6 is something I can see myself driving in couple of years, I like my C5 too much to trade it for a C6. I'd rather pay off my C5 and then buy a C6 and have both:thumb

well my father got a little more info on the 09 cts-v last week and saw that on paper it is going to be faster than his 07 vette... so my argument is is he doesnt need it and should give the old slow poke to me......he hasnt stopped laughing since

I drove a 08 vette coupe, i have a 01 coupe there wasnt enough difference to make me concider buying one...

My wife is dead set on moving to a C6 once her Saturn is paid off (about 6-8 months). She actually sat in one last night at the local Chevy dealer and she really digs the 2-tone interior, HUD, paddle shift, push button start, etc... Not sure if we will go new or used but I/we do have a very specific options list and I will not stray from it whatsoever. I want an LS3 so it has to be 08 or 09 and it has to be Jetstream Blue. Nice thing is that they are really cutting some deals these days. We had the 71 for 4 years, we've had the C5 for 3 1/2 so it sounds like it's about time; difference is this time there won't be a three year gap without a Vette.

The C5 had almost 50k on the clock when I bought it and had a number of issues. It will be nice to have something with low or no miles again so that if there are issues, I only have myself to point fingers at.

So, hopefully I'll arrive at CruiseFest IV driving a C6;).

-Eric:w

I drove a 08 vette coupe, i have a 01 coupe there wasnt enough difference to make me concider buying one...

I agree! I have a friend in my unit that has an '08. Nice ride and I can definitely see myself in one. Much refined I must say. That said, I took him for a ride in my C5 and he walked away thinking I modded it because it felt faster than his car (other than a Corsa Touring exhaust, my car is stock). Not hating on the C6, but I'm not rushing to the dealership anytime soon:L

Good Luck Eric!!! You won't regret it.
I also went from a C5 to a C6. Like you, I bought the C5 used and it had it's problems. Went to the dealer one afternoon because of the problem. while they were looking at my C5, I was looking at a C6. Next thing you know I came home 3 hours later in my 07 vert!!! Since then, I haven't looked back. Nothing but enjoable driving since I bought it. And the gas mileage ain't bad either!! :beer

Well, my C5 is currently for sale, if it sells I'll consider a C6, I think they are awesome.:thumb

I've been giving it some serious thought lately. I REALLY like the LS3 and since taking a new job I now get the supplier discount with GM. My C5 has just turned 135k miles and it's starting to feel a little worn. Now that I'm living in the NE there are more days to take advantage of a removable roof. My C5 has been fantastic and I really enjoy the car but the C6 is just so much more.

Leon

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom