Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Who's Visited the NCM with their 'Vette?

Incidently, they had an assembly plant delivery program; purchase from your own dealer and pick up at the dealer across the street from the plant. I always wanted to do this, but when Corvette moved to BG, the option was lost. Now I want to do this thru the museum delivery, but would find it hard to part with either of my corvettes - and I won't own a car if I can't put it in the garage.

This was a good thread - thanks for posting it.

Red Vette,

Don't mean to hijack this thread but you need to check out another thread regarding the NCM Xperience for owners of Corvettes other than the current year model.

Post#4 by CAC member Roc, who is the NCM Events Manager lists a name and phone number that owners can call for more information.

The NCM Xperience webpage is here and gives a detailed description of what the participant can expect for the fee.

If you intend to do the Museum and the Plant tour anyway and can spare the cash, you could upgrade to VIP treatment and enjoy the next best thing to taking firsttime delivery of your Corvette there.

Sorry for the detour. We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread. ;)

:w Jane Ann

How did we miss that?!

Did get to do some of my own "Corvette testing" in back of the plant on the back road! Touring the plant will be a fun excuse to return! :)

CrovetteNatlMuseum025.jpg

Wish I would have known about that "test road" behind the plant :Steer !!

Dave
2002 NCM Delivery

Been Waiting

I've been waiting for someone to comment on that picture I am so proud of!! Funny little non-discript road that winds around to the back of the factory. It is the road where the new truck loads of Vettes all exit the factory. You'd never think it when seeing it, compared to the other road that also goes to the same area, but the opposite direction, where all the public parking is.
Remember, my "testing" was done the week the plant was closed during Christmas! :L

Red Vette,

Don't mean to hijack this thread but you need to check out another thread regarding the NCM Xperience for owners of Corvettes other than the current year model.

Post#4 by CAC member Roc, who is the NCM Events Manager lists a name and phone number that owners can call for more information.

The NCM Xperience webpage is here and gives a detailed description of what the participant can expect for the fee.

If you intend to do the Museum and the Plant tour anyway and can spare the cash, you could upgrade to VIP treatment and enjoy the next best thing to taking firsttime delivery of your Corvette there.

Sorry for the detour. We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread. ;)

My wife gave me the NCM Experience package for Christmas two years ago and it was amazing. (See pics, post #7). We opted for the morning package. We arrived at the museum at 7 or 8 AM, they take the car in the back and detail it then put it on display in the same area as the Delivery cars. It's roped off and protected just like all the rest. While your car is on display, the tour guide picks you up in their van and takes you for an extended tour of the assembly plant. We got to see a lot more than the regular tour and it took almost two hours. I even got to start a new one off the line and got the "birth certificate" for starting it. It was even more special because the first C6 Z06's were just coming off the line and hadn't been officially revealed yet. So we kind of got a sneak peek. After the tour, they take you back and you get a one on one museum tour with an extremely knowledgeable guide. They take pics of your car and with you, you're given a plaque with your name and experience number on it, they put a special decal inside your driver's door, and there's other goodies too. Plus you can buy special clothing just for Experince participants. After it's all over and they bring your car around front, they'll take another pic of you and your car infront of the museum. It's really worthwhile and I think you'd really enjoy it. Hope you take advantage of it. Oh, and every other year, they have a gathering of both experience and delivery participants. We're planning on attending the next one. Hope this helps make up your mind to do it. :beer

My wife gave me the NCM Experience package for Christmas two years ago and it was amazing. (See pics, post #7). ...:beer

Zblast - that would be a GREAT Christmas present for Corvette enthusiasts!! Your wife sounds like a keeper! ;)

Thanks for sharing the story with us. Maybe this will be the final nudge others need to take the plunge.

Jane Ann and Zblast

Thanks for the update; I had read the post about the NCM experience previously. Zblast's post about the NCM Experience was, at a minimum, enlightning, enjoyable, and very timely. I still have hopes of purchasing a new vette through the NCM program, but if I don't, I now will do the NCM Experience. Thanks to both of you for the info.

Barrett

Jane Ann and Zblast

Thanks for the update; I had read the post about the NCM experience previously. Zblast's post about the NCM Experience was, at a minimum, enlightning, enjoyable, and very timely. I still have hopes of purchasing a new vette through the NCM program, but if I don't, I now will do the NCM Experience. Thanks to both of you for the info.

Barrett

Great!!

And afterward we expect a write-up thread with lots of photos for us to enjoy!

Happy to oblige!

I've been waiting for someone to comment on that picture I am so proud of!! Funny little non-discript road that winds around to the back of the factory. It is the road where the new truck loads of Vettes all exit the factory. You'd never think it when seeing it, compared to the other road that also goes to the same area, but the opposite direction, where all the public parking is.
Remember, my "testing" was done the week the plant was closed during Christmas! :L

That picture is definitely a keeper :beer .

I was out there last year for the C5/C6 Bash. I had the opportunity to hang out with most of the designers, engineers and support staff responsible for making us the best perfoming, best valued sports car around. I won a ZO6 fender autographed by the ZO6 launch team at the banquet honoring the Corvette race team. I met Fellows and O'Connell, Hill and Wallace, and tons of helpful plant workers and engieers in the customer care area. I came away with lots of picutes, autographs (badges and underhood) and had some late night drinks with some very important people. Overall, a great time.

NCM Pictures?

How about some pictures posted of your NCM visit! Anyone got some to share with us? ;shrug
CrovetteNatlMuseum040.jpg

CrovetteNatlMuseum047.jpg

Plan on going with a few people from my club. We are going to the anniversary edition get together on the 21,22,23 of June. Plan on doing the Museum,assembly plant and a BBQ. Plus a drive to a Burbon distillary. Should be fun. First trip with my Vette and favorite lady.

I visited the NCM and Corvette Assembly Plant about a month ago. Also during that little get away I also visted the Jack Daniels & jim Beam Distillery's, Fort Knox, Country Music Hall of Fame, Coyote Ugly Nashville, Elvis Presley Birthplace. During the trip I put on 1379 miles, averaged 50 mph (red lights and downtown driving kill an average speed), and averaged 27.1 mpg. I also drove 300 miles or so on the Natchez Trace Parkway from Nashville, TN to Jackson, MS. The speed limit on the Trace is 50 mph.

Yep,
Picked it up Jan 06 and drove it home! Great time & highly recommended.
Mike

Mike... welcome to the CAC. Got any photos of that MR Corvette?? I'd love to see 'em. When you have time, post a thread in the New Member Introductions forum (click here) so more of our members can stop by and say hello.

Congrats on your new Vette and thank you for your service.

Looks like I get to go visit the NCM again June 18 or 19 on my way home from a trip north to visit Mom and some friends and go to Bloomington Gold. This time I will get my reservation in for a plant tour at Bowling Green! Just me and my Vette out on the open road again. About 3,000 miles worth. Oh yeah, takin' a big smile, too! Looks like I'll get to the NCM ahead of the Anniversary weekend crowd. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom