Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Whose Callaway on American Hot Rod?

Corvette
none right now :(
White Aerobody on American HotRod

Anyone see the White Aero on American HotRod? It was in the background of the episode that was on last night (April 11th, 2005)

Guy's - do you know the location or area the show was filmed?? :v

Filmed in SoCal

Yeah, I saw it in the background also, and it was a vert.

Boyd Coddingtons Shop is in La Habra, CA

811 E. Lambert Rd.
La Habra, CA 90631
(866) 414-6876

Later

Ray

Hmm, wonder whose car that could be....

Budweiser 1,2 and 3 episodes have clips

PS Friday (Budweiser episode day 3) will be a sad day for Supernatural's at the races but I was not driving and racing slicks were not on the car :(

Unfair competition but fun for all and a rematch to come :lou

Sure wish Callaway would ramp up the HP from the stock 450-450. Checked on the SNAT 500 with Old Lyme - nothing planned.

shopview said:
Hmm, wonder whose car that could be....

Budweiser 1,2 and 3 episodes have clips

PS Friday (Budweiser episode day 3) will be a sad day for Supernatural's at the races but I was not driving and racing slicks were not on the car :(

Unfair competition but fun for all and a rematch to come :lou

Sure wish Callaway would ramp up the HP from the stock 450-450. Checked on the SNAT 500 with Old Lyme - nothing planned.

Ohh Mark - details man, where are the details!

Earlier in the week, I rode in a C4 w/ 395 rwhp out of a 383 stroker - if that is how driveable the car would be on a daily basis, I am content w/ my SNAT 425 :cool

Camshaft was real aggressive and the MCLeod dual clutch either grabbed, or was engaged - no smooth transition at all - maybe it needs some getting used to??

Mark - DETAILS!!!!!!! :m

Mark's Callaway is hands down BAD A$$! I know I drove it halfway to Boyd's shop dodging tumble weeds in El Paso.

Congrats Mark for making the show. :)

Thanks guys it will be much better in a few weeks with the Speedster Center exhaust from the Callaway crew and a few other tweeks coming from Boyd's team ;). The entire suspension was chromed and polished over Christmas and we had a photo shoot the week before Christmas in San Franscisco.

I think they had fun blowing off some steam and giving Duane some grief for a change. 6 gears with no slicks and ASR just wasn't the combo he was use to I think :ugh

The guys are a great bunch and their work is world class. They have really taken good care of her :upthumbs

Mark you were robbed of your win! Duane can't drive for crap. He sat at the line roasting the tires. Then Mike says he almost put it into the wall halfway down!!!

Nonetheless, your Callaway looked good.

I know this is gonna be like opening a can of worms, but ... :L

Alright, whose Callaway was shop manager Dwayne (from the television show, American Hot Rod) driving when he got beat on the dragstrip at Irwindale by the early Camaro? Got beat pretty badly too, had his ass handed to him. :lou

I know, I know... Irwindale's only an eigth-mile strip. :L

Was that the car that got beat by the early Camaro on the dragstrip on last night's show? I posted that question just a minute ago, before I saw this thread. :L

That is the same track that I took #36 out to last month

They prep the track real good, but I was only able to pull a 2.0 second 60 ft time

I finished the 1/8 mile at 8.47 at 86 mph (spinning in 1st and 2nd) which would equate out to about a 13.2 in the 1/4 mile

I really miss my slicks........and my automatic.....lol

Ray

:hb As Duane said early in the show he had a huge horsepower advantage in the Callaway, (and he did) but the ASR, wheel spin, and 6 gears in a 1/8th mile got the better of him. (He got a little sideways and had to back out)...1/4 mile instead 1/8th mile would have been a big help.

He took some serious ribbing and scarcastically said the better car won :eyerole , so much for swallowing your pride;LOL

Where was the burnout:mad ??
Time for a new driver, :lou

but they all had fun and that's all that matters to me...

89x2 -

Pretty cool models....just glad we have a couple of the real deal!

Managed to get it recorded and they are sending me the DVDs when they're available....nice for the collection. Just can't wait to get out there for a rematch.

boostedmaxPSI -

when are you making the big purchase??? You need another toy!

Yep....he said rev limiter on the show but it was the ASR that got him... they are used to driving classic hot rods not high tech ground pounders but they all enjoyed giving him grief.

Good news though....ASR = no wall impact :upthumbs for drivers not familar with a new car's power

That camaro couldn't do this though...

Slicks would have really helped but they had fun none the less. ASR off requires a lot of in car time to figure out the launch. ASR on equals no power until traction is achieved (due to throttle relaxer in computer) and Duane never acheived traction from what I could see....he definitely had the HP / Torque advantage and probably even a weight advantage...but they are not used to driving these cars

The guys giving Duane grief makes everyone at the shop happy....they do it everyday :D

Looked like he was going pretty fast at the finish compared to the Camaro but I could be wrong since Callaways look fast just sitting still :cool

There is another thread with more info on the Callaway Forum...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom