Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why does my ad in the "For Sale" thread not generate comments?

easycreeper

Corvette
Proud poppa to a beautiful 1988 Callaway Corvette
Did I do something wrong? Offend someone? C'mon at least leave a rude comment or something guys.

Did I do something wrong? Offend someone? C'mon at least leave a rude comment or something guys.

the reason you get minimum feedback in the for sale section is to avoid chitchat in this thread,

just start a seperate thread to motivate why you sell the car,

and then we start flaming you :D :r ( just kidding)

the reason you get minimum feedback in the for sale section is to avoid chitchat in this thread,

just start a seperate thread to motivate why you sell the car,

and then we start flaming you :D :r ( just kidding)

I gotcha. Sorry about the needless post. This is the last one, I promise...:gap

Thanks.:beer

Justin, Jeroen is correct :cool

The intent of the "For Sale" thread is to provide listings of Callaway vehicles for sale as a service to those who own the cars or others in the market.

The idea is to keep an uncluttered & civil thread just for that - I hope it helps and is a benefit to you, as you list your vehicle :cool :beer

From Page-1 of the "For Sale" thread ~
Fellow Callaway Owners & Enthusiasts,

In an effort to somewhat consolidate and keep "for sale" listings easy to follow, a few Callaway Owners and I sat down and did a little brainstorming - here's what were going to try...

This will be the thread for any and all Callaway Car "For Sale" type of posts - feel free to post here, any cars, or ads of cars for sale including links, E-bay auctions, etc. (threads posted otherwise, will be merged into this one...)

Also, the www.callawayownersgroup.com website has a Callaway Marketplace for listings of car by their owners - check it out :cool

Any comments about the prices or conditions in relation to value should be kept in line with what is generally considered proper etiquette when it comes to an ethical business dealing - Bottom line, unless you have gone and looked, driven, or know the history of a certain car, please do not make any disparaging remarks.

As always, it is nice to know and follow the market of ones car and I believe the general consensus is the cars values have been level for a long time, with some examples possibly going up slightly over the most recent years.

Also, if there are specific questions on a car, it may be best to form a thread asking your questions, just to keep the listings page fairly uncluttered :cool

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to drop me a note - Thanks,

Chris :v

Ok but since we have another thread now we can start trolling and flaming ;)

Nice car, :D even nicer engine updates :upthumbs

BUTTTTTT, No money :confused
and I want an aerobodied car with new type dash. ;)

for the rest I wish you good luck in the sale.

Thanks, guys! And by all means, let the flaming begin!! I would most definitely be interested in your opinions on my asking price as well as any suggestions on pictures or other information that might need to be added. Thanks for the help and my apologies for placing an unwanted post in a "For Sale" section only.

Thanks again,
Justin

P.S. I wanted an Aerobody car myself, but until I go back to school and get a better paying job, it's out of the question.

Justin, IMHO, your car is priced fairly - you have to start somewhere, right??

Your question is a valid one - I thought it deserved though, to be split into another thread vs. in the "For Sale" car listings :cool

Good luck w/ the sale - we'll keep our eyes open for that Aero car :beer

Most everyone here already has a Callaway or not quite ready. Car is pretty well known here so not many questions. Just a matter of finding someone ready for the boost experience. Wish you luck! :w Ike

Gee... I didn't know we were supposed to flame....

It doesn't seem like the thing to sell a car either.

That is a nice car as far as I know. How about posting more pics which might get more discussion & interest going.

I am a fan of pics!...

-Luigi
:cool

I'm happy to offer comments for what they are worth (not much). It's possible the mods and mileage are keeping away the buyers who want more of a show'er. And for the more of a daily-driver type owner, a ~20 year old modded twin-turbo might not seem to be the best choice.

However it looks like a great car and would be a blast to own and drive. A lot of bang for the buck for sure. You just have to wait for the right buyer. Some day I'd still like to park a B2K next to the ZR1. :beer:

I would suggest, just a suggestion, that if you really need to sell it, pick a price you'd accept and price it near that. If you won't take a penny less than you are asking, expect to wait for the right guy. If you need to sell it soon, you might need to price it for whatever the market/demand is right now to get it moving. Maybe there aren't as many folks in the market right this second, or the ones who are don't have as much to put towards one? I dunno, just thinking out loud.

Before things get out of hand calling that car modded....lets stop and regroup.

There are no components on that car that can't be switched back to stock in a day, except the larger wastegate valves(which have NO bearing on performance numbers). A base intake manifold w/ runners is hardly a serious mod IMHO, it has no effect on the valve train, fuel delivery or any internal component of the motor. The only other thing is the exhaust and wonderbar...which many cars on this forum have.

Before things get out of hand calling that car modded....lets stop and regroup.
I can only guess and go by what I'd think, but to me that's modded. If you were to change it back before selling it, who's the wiser. But if you want stock, you want stock, not something that can be returned to stock. ;shrug

Anyway, now that I've bought a car and spent the money on swapping out the old stuff and/or modding it, I'd rather one that's got the work done already. It's just a matter of finding someone who wants a car in that state of being. :)

Thanks for the opinions guys. I appreciate both positive and negative feedback to give me a general idea where everyone stands, although there hasn't been any negative that I have seen so far.

Aurora40: I completely understand about the mileage and mods, albeit the mileage isn't high by any means, but is more than most show quality B2Ks out there. As for the mods, like SurfnSun pointed out, it wouldn't be too much trouble to take it back to stock (or really close besides the Wonderbar and other such things), because I still have the stock intake base and runners as well as the stock wastegate springs. Also, there is room for negotiation in the price, just had to start somewhere... Maybe I should include Or Best Offer. Thanks again for the input!:w

TurboLuigi: I'll try to post a few more pics this afternoon after work. I've got lot's of 'em! Any requests??

Justin

Couple more... Ran out of room for the rest, so if anyone wants to see something different, let me know and I'll do my best to get them on here. Enjoy!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom