Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Why the wait ??????

bling vette

Corvette
2004 Millenium yellow Conv.
:confused A friend of mine has had his 2003 Corvette in the shop since late August with a leaking differential. After several attempts at replacing seals with no luck at stopping the leak, a decision was made by the GMPP rep to replace the entire differential. The decision was made back in September and to date there is no part in site. What I'd like to know is how long does it take to get a C-5 rear end ??? The poor guy is chomping at the bit. If it were anyone but G.M. taking care of this problem, I'm sure they could have had it ordered and replaced inside of two weeks !!!! Doesn't G.M. have an inventory of spare parts or are they like a lot of companies that keep no inventory to keep the overhead costs down ????
Anybody have any input into this matter ????

Did your friend ask the dealer service manager or the part's manager why it is taking so long to get the part?

Usually, a car is provided under the GMPP when the repairs take overnight or there is a delay in the part arrival. Did your friend get a replacement vehicle to drive?

Good luck - keep us posted.

mine had a slight leak and the dealer fixed it same day and never leaked again....so far that is

He finally got a new transaxle installed after over a two month wait. It started leaking too ! They reseated a seal and so far no leaks. Yes,they normally give you a loner vehicle when your car is in the shop for any extended length of time, but they won't lend you another Corvette.

He finally got a new transaxle installed after over a two month wait. It started leaking too ! They reseated a seal and so far no leaks. Yes,they normally give you a loner vehicle when your car is in the shop for any extended length of time, but they won't lend you another Corvette.

Bastards!:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom