Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT MY TRIM TAG

C

CHRIS65

I DONT GET IT! I AM STILL PISSED OFF!! ABOUT THIS MONTHS AFTER THE FACT. WHAT GOOD WOULD MY TAG DO ANYONE. MY CAR ISNT RARE OR ANYTHING AND ITS THE 63RD CAR MADE SO THE BODY NUMBER SHOULD BE REALY LOW.
I DONT KNOW CHRIS:mad:confused:mad

Was it stolen?

Chuck

OOPS. I read in another thread that it was stolen at a Goodguys event.

Why?

There are companies that make reproduction trim tags. They'll stamp any color code/trim code you want on them.

So, if you have an original purple car, and you want to make it pink, you can get a tag stamped with the correct codes for that color and interior combo, BUT........

Repro trim tags are easily detectable in Bloomington Gold and NCRS judging. A repro trim tag "penalty boxes" you at Bloomington, eliminating you from a Gold certificate.

Similiar BIG hit in NCRS judging. You lose ALL the interior, leaving you at Second, maybe Third Flight.

So...unfortunately, there are thieves out there. One could take your original tag and use it, BUT.............

only if "his" car would fit in the body # sequence, and only if there was no evidence that it had been removed.

Sad state of affairs today. Lots of thefts at Corvette Carlisle this year too. Original gas caps were the hot item.

Chuck

YEAH THATS WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT THE BODY # SEQ. NOW IAM LEFT TRYING TO CONSTRUCT MINE FROM MEMEMORY. IS THERE ANY WAY TO GUESS CLOSE TO MY BODY # MINE IS THE 63RD CAR MADE AUG 25 1964 CONV. AND HOW DID IT LOOK ON TAG S93 S093 S-93 FRIGGIN PISSED MAN. OH WELL I GET OVER SOMEDAY YEAH RIGHT!

Stealing from other Corvette owners?

So, you go to a Corvette event to hang out and bond with other owners and some loser scores an original gas cap?

One thing is for sure I've noticed since owning my Corvette, it is really just a small group of enthusiast that I care to have anything to do with. If it's not the snobs in C-6's (not all are) too good to even give me a nod, it's some criminal lifting my friggin' gas cap of all things.

When I used to own my Toyota Land Cruiser, another FJ did not pass me without some kind of acknowledgment. Not a big deal, just something that happens with very few other cars. Everything that makes the world a toilet is present and accounted for in the Corvette community too. The only place I feel anything close to some kind of common bonding/pleasure of a bunch of people owning the same car is here on forums like this.

If I wanted to get my gas cap stolen I would go "bond" with people at a swap meet.

Foy
Las Vegas

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom