Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wife rocks!

I remarried 18 yrs ago and showed my wife photos of my first Corvette, a '63 coupe in 1967. (I was a senior in high school) I told her that I wanted to buy another Corvette and she found an ad in the paper for a pristine '77. She "insisted" that I take a look at it. We bought it. That was in 2000. Then I started dropping hints that I'd really like a 50th AE Z06. One evening after a dinner out she said she saw a few Corvette's at our local Chevy dealer and asked if I wanted to "just look". We got there and there was only a black '03 Z06 on the lot. She said "Well, you wanted one, you may as well buy it before someone else does". End of story. :D

Oh yeah, did I tell you that I'm now hinting for a mid-year? :boogie

My Wife loves to pop the top on weekends, (the car top before anyone asks) and go cruising on back country roads. What makes her "Perfect" is she doesn't like to drive the Vette......AND she's allergic to fur. Now if I could just get her to develop a rash around jewelery.............:L

AT the time of CF I, she was 6 month pregnant, but made the trip with me, insisted on putting the car on the trailer though for the ride. :chuckle

She's been very supportive. :upthumbs

:w
-Stefan

Sometimes you just have to practice until you get it right. For the first ... , I just couldn't seem to get beyond five years. You know. Spend five years accumulating things and then leave with what you can fit in the trunk of your car. Unfortunately, vettes don't have very big trunks. However, my last - and best - love has been a joy every day. We will celebrate our 25th anniversary next January 1st. Whatever I have been into, she has been right there with me. She has seen me through flying ultralights and motorcycling and now back into a corvette. She absolutely loved motorcycling but, with a little gentle persuasion, she let me sell her beloved BMW - and mine - to get the vette. I'd say she is a keeper.:):):):cool

Les

:coolHi All,
As with many of you, my first wife was the keeper - been 30 years now. She knew about my long held desire to own a Vette but the kids and their college came first. Unbeknownst to me, while we were driving around Lancaster PA to look at some antique shops she directed me to a car rental shop. Turns out, she had rentedn me a Vette for a week for my 50th birthday - just to make sure I really wanted one. It took a couple of years later, after the kids college expenses were done and I had a great bonus year, she told me it was time to go loking for my Vette. So, on that first day looking, I bought the '04 CE coupe that I now enjoy driving every . Thank you dear!

first wife 9 years .. but looking for # 2 sounds like you guys got all the good car girls ..

About a year ago January, I casually mentioned in conversation to my future wife (in 6 days from now!) that I had always wanted a vette. While in Atlanta GA visiting her two kids from a previous marriage, she directed us to a exclusive Corvette dealer (American Sports Car Center, buyavette.net) in Atlanta she knew of in the Atlanta area. After test driving a '79, '82, and a '96, I decided I liked the '96 C4 more than the C3s. She not only encouraged me to buy the '96, she offered to make the payments for me!!! :) This was all after she helped me look and buy a '06 F150 Fx4 the some 6 months prior to this. We ended up towing my first vette home to KY on the back of our new truck!! I believe I have found a wonderful woman that I love who genuinely cares about me to spend my life with !!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom