Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Will 94 convert hard top fit on 89 convertible

bem88

Corvette
1988 coupe
Hi all - I have a chance to get a 94 convertible hard top - will this fit directly onto an 89 convertible - are the brackets in the same location?

I thought 88 and earlier were one configuration and 89 on was another.

What year did they change the brackets?

thanks
Brad

Yes, the 94 hard top will fit directly onto an 89 using the two L brackets that mount directly behind the door pillars. The hard top became an option, CC2, in 1989. To use the hard top on previous years, a GM adapter kit was needed. I have only seen one adapter kit available on the internet in 5 years. You will like having a hard top, but it is a two person job getting it on. A one person job if you have a pulley system for getting it off. You must have the brackets to get the roll bar effect. I would not advise buying the hard top if you don't get the brackets as they are no longer available. The bolts that attach the hard top to the bracket and frame costs about $7 at Chevy and they are still available. You should get both wrenches with the hard top. A torx that is used to attach the hard top to the windshield area and a closed end rachet wrench 7 mm / 8 mm. You can get the latter at Sears.
Barrett

90 targa top on an 88

Thanks - that helped a lot - here's another question - what will I need to do to get a 90 targa top onto an 88 coupe?

thanks

I have no idea about the targa top as I never had a C4 coupe, just convertibles. Hope someone else has the answer.
Barrett

Thanks - that helped a lot - here's another question - what will I need to do to get a 90 targa top onto an 88 coupe?

thanks
I think you will need another top or all the front brackets and trim from the A pillar of the 90!! I believe they were changed again with the 90 year model!!(84-86 1/2) (86 1/2- 89) (90-96) :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom