Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

will lt1 heads work as a replacement to L98 c.i. heads?

CarDemon04

Corvette
1986 two-tone gold coupe
I know that the lt1 heads will bolt to the block correctly because they should both have the same engine block, but I want to know it I will be able to re-use the intake manifold(and other equipment) from my L98 heads with the Lt1 heads, and does the coolant flow any differently in an LT1 head than in the ones currently on there? any help is greatly appreciated. thank you

I am not sure if they will work... Doesn't the LT1 have the reverse coolant flow? I dont know if that would make a difference or not though....

Coolant passages are different. It will be cheaper in the long run to buy a Gen 1 head than to convert a Gen 2 (LT1) head.

Mike

ok, guys.... thanks for the info

P.S. aboatguy, if that picture is of your corvette covered in snow, then it makes me cry..... especially since mine probly looks similar to that right now, lol ( I hate snow)

CarDemon04 said:
ok, guys.... thanks for the info

P.S. aboatguy, if that picture is of your corvette covered in snow, then it makes me cry..... especially since mine probly looks similar to that right now, lol ( I hate snow)

It's not covered in snow right now, however, it doesn't matter I drive it no matter what the weather

DSC00762.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom