Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Will You Drive Your Corvette In The Snow?

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
lurk5.gif

I try not to but since my Vette is my daily driver and if it starts snowing while I'm at work, then it has to take me home. It's done a pretty good job getting me home. After that, I usually take vacation time or sick leave until the roads are clear.

We had our first snow the other day. The Vette is now put away for the winter. :)

unless I get caught in a freak snow storm that was unknown to be coming my way, my Vette will not be driven in the powdery white stuff

NOOOO!! At least, not on purpose!

:W:W:W:W:W:W:W

I try not to but since my Vette is my daily driver and if it starts snowing while I'm at work, then it has to take me home. It's done a pretty good job getting me home. After that, I usually take vacation time or sick leave until the roads are clear.

I'm with Tuna on that one. Had it at work Monday, snowing in the pm but the main roads were fine. Well, until i came to my road. :W

Brakes? Whats that? Sliding sliding against the curb. Managed to slide into a big garage entrance and backed her into a parking spot on the street, 5 houses from mine. :eek:hnoes

Day later, still white stuff down but the roads were now a bit better, managed to slide her into the driveway and into the garage without hitting anything. :eek:hnoes

So, no, not on purpose. Remo, take a higher dose of your meds.. ;LOL I know it's winter and all, but.. Showing that pic of a wrecked C3 without warning. :bash:D

:w
-Stefan

Plan Ahead

So, no, not on purpose. Remo, take a higher dose of your meds.. ;LOL I know it's winter and all, but.. Showing that pic of a wrecked C3 without warning. :bash:D

:w
-Stefan

Stefan...don't they have weather reports in Germany?:L

"Dispatch......Send A Tow Truck"

:cool

P4240036.jpg

I used to drive my C2 SWC in Alaska in the snow and it did great. Drove my 66's (convertible and coupe) in the snow in the Denver area as they were my DDs and they did great too. The 02 Z06 and 08 convertible are resting comfortably in storage now, but the 02 coupe will be out tonight on my way to the corvette club meeting in Colorado Springs - no snow predicted for tonight and dry roads. I won't drive it in the snow, even tho I have all season run flats tires on it. I have 4 wheel drives for the snow and bad weather.
Barrett

C5 Buffalo, NY Model

:cool

MyCorvette4X4.jpg

Are those run flats?

I am originally from the Buffalo area and they are really suffering this week. I try not to drive even in rain and my car is put in storage before the first snow because of the salt used on the roads in upstate NY.

FRC And A Christmas Tree

;shrug
4202817644_0f346befd9.jpg

I would if I had to.

I have one time, right after I bought my 95. I purchased it in Michigan just before Thanksgiving 1995 and drove it to California. Got caught in the first part of a 2-day long snow storm on the way up to Vail Pass on I-70 W. Raced ahead of the storm all the way to Grand Junction.

Eating lunch at the Burger King there, on the TV I saw the Colorado State Patrol closed the road from Denver as far as Eagle.

Careful driving, the limited slip diff, traction control and ABS kept me out of trouble.

I still own that car, today.

I live up in the CO mountains with a 2 mile dirt road that goes to my house. If there is any precipitation, the car is prone to get stuck in the mud. So, the car never goes out in the snow. I have my daily driver though for when the weather turns south, my good ole 2006 Subaru WRX.

Drive it in snow? NO!

I don't drive mine in the rain, let alone snow.
Mine went into storage the 1st week of November and won't be back on the road until April.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom