Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wind rush

bwing

Corvette
03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
I recently had my dealer replace the motor for the passenger door window. Now I'm hearing wind-rush at highway speeds with the window in the up position. I have never heard this before. The dealer said there is no way to adjust the window for a tighter fit except to replace the moulding. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the window or adjust the motor so it will move the window up just a little further to give a tight fit? Please e-mail any responses to: wing5t4@aol.com Thank you.

There is a tip in and tip out adjustment on C5 windows.

Later - D

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the dealership didn't know this? Probably trying to save money by not having to do it at no charge.

bwing

First, welcome to the CAC!

I did a search of the C5 forums using "window adjustment" as the search words. I found quite a few threads that might be of interest. This one has the advice of a skilled mechanic and a link to toor panel removal.

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85199

Or run the search yourself to find just what you are after.

Thank you for the info. I'm new to CAC and not all that familiar with the site or options.

I agree, he's good, but he approaches the problem from a different angle. He's a corvetter too.

The humor obviously stems from the fact that so many of us have had such absolutely HORRIBLE luck getting any work done by someone other than ourselves.

I say this and I am currently looking to get my front glass replaced in my '96 -by someone else- ... and yeah, I'm holding my breath.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom