Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Window decal removal

vett boy

Corvette
2008 vert 6M silver
I removed a cling on decal from the inside of my windshield .That went fine except it left red letters on the inside of my windshield .I tried window cleaner and no results .I was thinking alcohol or nail polish remover .Any thoughts.It's an 08 and decal has been on it for about a year.

I'd give a mixture of vinegar and water a try. at first you could use two parts water to one part vinegar.

If that doesn't work, try Goo Gone.

Try some steel wool with window cleaner.

Elaine

Can you get a belt sander with 90grit sandpaper to it? Or a chisel and 5pound sledge hammer should do the trick.

Then again, if you're already pulling out the windshield anyways, just leave it out, its a vert so you normally have the side windows and top down, might as well run without the front too.

I UPS 'd the windshield to Junkie since he put the sticker on .I'm still driving it without the glass it just looks extra clean .Almost broke my nose when I accidentally tuned on the wipers :blue:

I UPS 'd the windshield to Junkie since he put the sticker on .I'm still driving it without the glass it just looks extra clean .Almost broke my nose when I accidentally tuned on the wipers :blue:

The whole windshield? That'd be a lot to pay for shipping, hope you just cut the section out of it that had the sticker stuck to it so you could send it to him cheaper.

So hows it working without the front windshield anyways, I'm betting Lizzie prefers it that way and the bonus for you is you don't have to stop to lick bugs off of the windshield, you can just lick'em off of your teeth as your driving.:thumb

Steve, isn't it amazing, the quality of HELP you get from all your FRIENDS here??? :upthumbs

Hecox

Steve, isn't it amazing, the quality of HELP you get from all your FRIENDS here??? :upthumbs

Hecox

Interestingly enough, Hecox - I was thinking the same thing. ;LOL

:wDoes this mean windshield wipers do work on a goats A$$?;shrug

Hecox

I am truly amazed , but ya know i should get a little grief seein' how the decal was from another forum .:eek:hnoes

I also am looking at this as a training experience ,might be able to make a living removing Obama bumper stickers :chuckle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom