Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Window Seals

John Robinson

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1993 Polo Green Coupe
Well I finally decided to replace the outer window seals on my 93 coupe. The instructions that came with the seals was only a half a page long. Needless to say the lack of step by step instructions made the job more interesting. I did not remove the windows to put the seals on but it sure would have been a help to have done it. I could have had the job done for me but were else could I have gotten 5 hours of fun for free. :crazy

It took me two hours to do the drivers side and when I was done it looked like crap because it got bent somehow. So I had to order another pair of seals. Sigh. I'm getting tired of working on this car, I see myself in a C6 sometime next year. God knows I love this car, but the maintenance is getting to be a pain in the rear.

... I love this car, but the maintenance is getting to be a pain in the rear.

Its pretty much an issue of spending your time or spending [more of] your money. A balancing act for everybody that isn't pretty wealthy. I've done and learned so much on my C4 that I feel just the opposite. If I trade it now I'd have to start learning a whole set of new quirks and fixes about the next car. I have 170K + on the odomoter and I feel pretty safe in striking out across country in it. Of course I keep a cell phone and am in the All State travel club for emergencies. In fact the wife and I just went out to Alamogordo NM (from Austin, Tx) to do some sight seeing a few months ago and had a good time in it. No troubles.

I recommend that you hang in there, it'll smooth out eventually. And your car looks VERY COOL btw.

A half page of instructions? Mine didn't come with any! I did some searches (both here and on the "other" forum) and finally got brave enough to try it. The first side (drivers) took me a good long time. Not so much in getting it off, but to get the new one on. I didn't feel the need to take the glass out, I just rolled the window down as far as it would go and had all the access I needed to remove the seal. My problem was getting that blasted thing back into the slots. I finally took my dead blow mallet and tapped them down. After figuring out how to do it the passenger side only took me about 20 minutes.

Glad you were able to get the job done and that you enjoyed your time.:D

My comment about having fun doing this was not meant as a complaint. A few years ago I was forced into total disability with heart problems and other physical problems. This was a joy and an accomplishment to be able to do something on my car. It was better than all the medications I take to feel good.

My comment about having fun doing this was not meant as a complaint. A few years ago I was forced into total disability with heart problems and other physical problems. This was a joy and an accomplishment to be able to do something on my car. It was better than all the medications I take to feel good.

John, I understand. Working on my Vette is therapy for me too. If we don't feel this way about our cars, they take all the fun out of having it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom