Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Window Tint

C

Corvette Craig

I'm thinking about adding smoked window tint to the back of the bubble window in my 81.
Do I need to worry about the rear defogger wires/cables?
Will they leave air pockets in the film?
Will the film melt?

Craig,
Before you have it tinted.. take a look at the insert shade. I'm at work so I can't get the name of the company.. I think I ordered it from MidAmerica... not real sure. I had one in my 1980 years ago and put one in the 1981 a couple of years ago.. fantastic fit and great shade and heat reduction in the cabin.. I think it was around $100 or so.

They are plexiglass and pop right in place and easy to remove for detail cleaning for shows ;)

I've seen what your talking about, but concerned about "rattle"
Did you have any?

I haven't noticed any rattle. It seems to fit nice and tight. I usually remove for NCCC showing. Haven't noticed any problems.

BudD
:w

My was professionally done before I purchased the 82 but I 've had no problem with it. Naturally, we don't use defrosters down here:cool but I have had the defroster running for test only and no problem.
As Bud says, if your going to show the car, the shade may be the way to go.
The only show my car sees is me making a fool out of myself when I attempt repairs:(

:w :w

The 1980 vette that I bought had one of the inset shades in the back window when I got it. Since I live in Florida, it comes in very handy at keeping the car a little cooler, and I don't have any rattles. My question to BudD is...When I try to take it out, I have to remove the surrounding molding to get it out, and you said that yours is easy to remove. Do you have any tips that I could use to get mine out easier? Maybe I am doing it wrong.
Thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom