Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Window Tint

Green2000

Corvette
2000 Millenium Yellow MN6 Convertible
I purchased a used 2000 Coupe with aftermarket window tint. It is too dark and looks bad. How can you remove this from the rear window without damaging defroster wires?

Start on a corner with soapy water pushed behind it...it should pull off easily. I've used this method with no problem.

I had my windows timted by a local guy. He has one Z06 and my LS1 to his credit now. Overall... he did a good job but i am going back because these guys don't understand Corvette windows. Here is what i mean, During the install on most cars side windows the installers leave a slight gap in the top so that when the windows are rolled all the way up, the tint won't curl. Well, we don't have that problem since our windows don't have a track to roll into. The result an unsightly gap that is visible from both the outside and the inside... i am not happy! He did a good job on the rear hatch even with the solar dots. You just have to get used to the fact that the tint will look a little funny as it can't cover well in these areas. :hb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom