Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

windshield wiper motor conversion?

M&W's72vette

Corvette
Idaho's only twin turbo big block 72 vette
Do the newer C3's have intermittant wipers on them? I would like to add that to my 72, does anybody have any info on such a conversion?

Mike

Yes, newer Sharks have intermitent wipers. I know some 78's have them, but don't know what was the first year for that option.

Anybody else have some input?

Culprit

Yes, the addition is fairly simple really, you have to interrupt the YELLOW power lead to the wiper motor/mechanism....and that will still allow the thing to return to park....that's what makes the intermittant work right on a wiper door vette...68-72....
now to turn off the system, it's easiest to just wait untill the wipers stop, reach up and turn off the system....door closes and it's done....
I found the hardest thing in buildig my own little controller circuit was finding a small diameter pot/controll with switch that was a nice high value...so the exact timing parameters vary somewhat depending on alternator loading/system voltage as a result...
you can find systems in JCWhitney or others....I recommend the aftermarket, as the factory systems are hard to find...and do have failure modes you can get around by aftermarket stuff....

GENE

Hey guys thanks for the info, I am in the process of collecting parts for a frame off rebuild including C4 front and rear suspension, 6 speed trans, vintage air, ect.... I have the column out of the 86 vette that I got the suspension out of and might use it in the car so I would have the switch for the wipers. Was thinking of adapting the 86 wiper motor assy into the 72 then I would have the correct control switch for it also.

Mike :Steer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom