Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winshield Cleaning

Light Breaks Through Yonder Window

If you've tried what seems to be every window cleaner know to mortal man - and have still been disappointed. You are a candidate for the dylithium crystal window cleaner. From the same great company located on Krypton that brought you the dylithium wax - mentioned several times on this web site.

But if you feel you need to stay with earth based products - go with Stoner's Invisible Glass. The Pep Boys will be glad you did.

Regards - Remo

Stoners

I was unhappy with windex, so I looked around the CAC and found this thread with positive comments about stoners... so I bought some, and microfiber cloths... and WOW! what a difference!
I can't wait to try it after doing the claybar first.

Re: Light Breaks Through Yonder Window

Remo said:
If you've tried what seems to be every window cleaner know to mortal man - and have still been disappointed. You are a candidate for the dylithium crystal window cleaner. From the same great company located on Krypton that brought you the dylithium wax - mentioned several times on this web site.
Regards - Remo

Doesn't Ronco make something that can help?
Maybe Billy Maze or Chia Pets??

:L

Re: Windogw Cleanin

klyons said:
I have tried almost everything mentioned here and found that nothing works better then good old newspaper and the clear windex.

ALMOST EVERYTHING!!!

But not the Clay Bar, MicroFiber or Lusso Glass Polish. I promise you you'll be amazed when you try that whole thing. I have said that this is for EXTERIOR glass.

Another vote here for stoner's.

Where is a good source for these wonderful microfiber towels that I've been reading about here? I've been using cotton diapers (with the tags torn off and washed seperately with no fabric softener) and been moderately happy with their performance. But they're not so great for removing wax.

Michael :w

Lynn, try Gm`s Glass Cleaner (at any GM dealer) and use newspaper to remove it. Also, when you clean the glass, use horizontal motions on the exterior and vertical ones on the interior( or reverse). If you see a smudge when you are finished, you will be able to ascertain whether it is outside or in.

Windshield cleaning

I agrre with most. Plain Windex and Newspaper that is black and white print. What can you do with stone chips?
Golfy

Golfy, most glass shops have polishing compounds and depending on how deep the chip is, they can usually remove them.

windshield

Thanks Greenie.I was planning to check them out come spring as I have 2 minor marks that I think can be rubbed out. thanks
Barry(golfy)

I used to use Stoner's as well, but not anymore. I have found SprayWay Glass Cleaner to be more effective than Stoner's. It's not always the easiest product to find (I buy mine at a local, family owned parts store) but can typically be found at CarQuest type stores.

The SprayWay Glass Cleaner combined with a quality microfiber towels yields outstanding results.:cool

The guide I posted on here was for exterior glass. Are you using these products on the exterior or interior?

this is a good one....i think that smoking or not makes a big diffrence....i dont but i still have a streaking problem.....i gotta try the stoners....what is a clay bar? :bu

i dont seem to be able to find it les....any help?;help

vettedude73 said:
i dont seem to be able to find it les....any help?;help

Look for "How To Use A Clay Bar". I'll make a reply in the string to bring it up to the top.

thanks...this sounds very interesting. :BOW :BOW

Haven't tried Stoners...but I have used Castrol Super Clean and I am sold....I use this stuff on the whole car. It takes the brownish stuff off the tires, removes everything from the windshield, and it also removes all the wax buildup and everything else off the paint. First time the weather gets good I wash the car and coat it liberally with the stuff then wash it off. It does not hurt the paint, but it does clean it well. Then apply the Meguires 3 step process with the Gold Class. It looks like you can put your hand on the paint and it will just go through...
If your wheels are aluminum it will make them a bit streaky but Mothers Mag Wheel polisher works great.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom