Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter in the North, what do you do??

I've got plenty to do to my '81 this winter :cool . I'll be putting a new Stereo, and shifter bezel in with a new head unit. I also bought an Amp, so I'll have to re-design my rear speaker box :W. And the new dash pad is going to go in this winter if I have time, and the patients :eek:hnoes . I never sit still!!!:W

2007_09210002.jpg

This really sucks.

This really sucks.

At least the Pats are on and winning :)

We are north of Bston and best I an tell we got 7-8 inches and now its raining or something. I am glad I did shopping yesterday.

And I leave for Florida with my boys on Thursday! Yah!

We are north of Bston and best I an tell we got 7-8 inches and now its raining or something. I am glad I did shopping yesterday.

Thats where I'm going on Saturday....Miami....for 2 weeks. Not much else you can do. Snowing big time up here today.

Jim

Gosh, I hope they lose...:eek:hnoes

For those of us in the north what do you do when there is a foot or more of snow on the ground and any road trips are out of the question for at least 4-5 more months. :eyerole

Over here we have to wait for all of the road salts to work there way off the road. (usually the middle of May)

Keep it clean
:beer

Pretty much the same thing here in Minnesota. "The Beast" was tucked away early in November and but drove "The Toy" occasionally until Thanksgiving weekend when it got tucked away (at least they both are in the garage and are seen every day).

Have several projects to do over the winter so will tackle those as time and $$$ permit. Before you know it the April showers will be here to wash away all the crud MnDOT spews on the roads.

I do the same thing here in Kalispell that you do in Thompson Falls, wait until the roads are clean enough to get the Vette out again. I do turn the heat on in the garage for an afternoon every two or three weeks and go out an tinker with it for awhile. That's my winter therapy.

Love winter, miss the vette

Well, in WNY we have about 14" on the ground now, it's about 25 degrees out but is supposed to warm up to 35 by this weekend.

Lets see:

I do as much snowmobiling as I can (my other passion) and watch the Bills and Sabres on tv. Unfortunately for our Bills, we have another season of no playoffs and the Sabres... the season is young.

I went and saw my Vette in my buddy's barn last weekend. It's about an hour and a half away. I uncovered it and put the battery tender on it. It looks beautiful and I really miss it.

It was great to see the Carlisle info. posted the other day. I started wishing for August already!

1. Hope for a warm couple rainy days (read 40's) to wash off the salt from the roads, followed by dry day or days to drive it.

2. Reflect on all the improvements I put in this past year and plan the next round of work

3. Take care of all the household stuff I ignored when I was working on the Vette

4. Oh yeah, work on it if I want because I have a furnace in the garage :)

Have to agree with 6 Shooter! "Move South"! Almost everyday is a great day to drive a Corvette in Corpus Christi, Texas!

The newer cars are early in their life span and also seem to have pretty good rust protection on the frame, we put the Goodyear M+S winter runflats on our C5 and used it as a daily driver through five Chicago winters, used a touchless car wash whenever the temp got above freezing. It looked awful during the winter but was still fun to drive when the streets were clear. After five years/68k miles, we traded it on the C6; the underside and body paint still looked great.

The C6 only has All-Season runflats available, no "real" snow tires like the ones on our C5. So we don't drive it when there is more than about 1" of snow on the roads, but the All-Season tires are great if we make a run for Florida.

Those of you with older cars will probably want to be more careful with them, so the rest of us can continue to drool over them during the summer.
:w

Only 84 more days til spring! it will be here before we know it! (the glass is 1/8 full)

Well my car goes away in mid November up on jacks wheels off cover on top padding on the floor and moth balls on the pad and shop all winter for the things I need and then around May she comes out and it's like getting a new car

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom