Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter Project

Echo1

Corvette
I installed a T56 in my 1980 corvette over the weekend. Everything when together quickly. Now I start with the custom pieces I need to fab a new cross member, and work on a custom console. The rear differential is out and waiting to go to the shop for 3:73 gears. :D

You'll love it.

Don't know if it will help, but I used a stock console and jsut did a little mod work on the shifter. My brother machines me up an angled block to use a Camaro Clutch Slave cylinder.

With 3.90 gears at 70mpg I'm cranking at 1800rpm in 6th but can shred the tires in lower gears.

The clutch mount also has an inner reinforcement plate that sandwiches the firewall.

c3gs-050807l.jpg

Unless you want to do something custom, the stock console can be made to work. 1.5" over at 45 degrees in my case.

c3gs-051307a.jpg

c3gs-051307c.jpg

I have seen pictures of your shifter (or one like it) I would like to do that I was concerned with the function. If you are using it it must function properly. My be I will give it a shot. It would be nice to keep the stock location. I used a LS-1 Tranny with an adapter plate from the Gear Box, It allowed me to keep my stock clutch. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom