Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter Projects!!

vetteboy86

Corvette
1986 Black "Indy 500 Pace car replica"
Well it's that time of year again and some of us will be putting our cars up for the winter.
Some of us will continue driving them. :lou

Either way, what kind of projects are lined up for the off driving season? I think I am going to tackle my inoperable antenna (probably bad mast). I'm also going to upgrade the tunes. Open to suggestions. If time allows a deep clean of everything. :beer

I plan on driving the old girl every day, rain or shine, and when I get a chance, working on the interior and get it spiffy. I've already done the doors and now I think I'll take a crack at the seats.

few more engine upgrades,, interior finish, then Paint

always got a plan.....

Winter Projects

I'll change the oil, wax 'er, hook up the battery maintainer and put the cover on, then good night for 5 months.

My Winter Projects

Besides Vacuming and cleaning the interior, Coolant, Brake fluid, Clay and Polish/Wax.

Then looking forward to May 1 2011.:cool

//sweabe

New shocks and new brake pads. Install a MSD 6AL i have in the garage and and a possible spray job. The spray is pending, cant make up my mind on refresh the original or magnetic red II. I also have new injector from "fic" in the garage and finally a good wash inside. When the snow comes its good night for a while due to the salt they use on the roads but she will be on the road from time to time. On the west coast of norway we might have two weeks with snow but a bucket of rain. I also plan on a clean up of the engine bay and polish some supposed to be shiny parts but now dusty:)

Steve

Fall projects and spring projects. No winter projects, it just gets to cold here to try to heat the garage. Would be cheaper to have it done than to pay for heat. About 97k on it now so need to do a front to rear check on anything I can think of.
Need to check the rear wheel bearings,I have the initial click. Check ball joints and alignment.
Replace rear shocks. Repair center counsel latch. Rewire fog lights to ground through a switch or through dim headlights. Work on power seat units,work but seem loose.Check into seat cover repair or replacement.

Glenn
:w

Don't get me started. I've got too many projects year round. If I get the body and interior of the 84 done by next summer the wife will be thrilled.

Don't get me started. I've got too many projects year round. If I get the body and interior of the 84 done by next summer the wife will be thrilled.

Hey John we're talking about cars here not thrilling the wife. :L

Hey John we're talking about cars here not thrilling the wife. :L
Believe me, cars definitely trill my wife. She's every bit as car crazy as I am.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom