Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: winter storage

tjvpga

Corvette
1994 C4 torch red
I hate to rush the nice weather away, but I need to start planning for winter storage. I have a few questions:

1) no doubt indoor storage is best, with a good cover, is out door storage ok?
2) what about the battery?, remove or simply disconnect, or leave alone?
3) put up on a lift to get tires off the ground?
4) what else have I not thought of?

This my first year for storage and I just don't want to make any avoidable mistakes. Thanks

....... to start planning for winter storage........
This my first year for storage and I just don't want to make any avoidable mistakes. Thanks

Welcome to the :CAC !!

You've started your project in the best way possible - joining this site and asking those well versed in Corvette storage.

Personally, I can't offer any practical advice because I live in the Gulf South and drive mine year-round, but we have several members here that store them away for the winter.

One suggestion I can offer is to check out this article in our Tech Center:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/care/storage.html

This will give you some reading materials while you wait for those with personal experience to join the discussion.

Good luck!
:wJane Ann

I assume Louisville KY right? I'd drive it just as long as possible this fall and you maybe able to drive it all winter (some)

Here are my steps that have worked well for me...
Wash and wax, oil and filter, add fuel preservative, top off tank, set tire pressure to 37 PSI, check fluid levels, connect battery tender (battery stays connected), pull in garage, cover. I will run vette up to operating temps every month or so while it is in storage. Some say it is better not to run it if the storage period is under six months.

WELCOME! LIVING WHERE I DO-LONG ISLAND NY...I STORE MY CAR OUTSIDE. I DON'T HAVE ROOM IN THE GARAGE(KIDS BIKES AND STUFF). THIS WILL BE MY SECOND WINTER COMING WITH MY VETTE. I BOUGHT A COVER ONLINE (ECKLERS) NOT THE BEST BUT SERVED IT PURPOSE. I HAVE TO BUY A NEW ONE BECAUSE IT JUST ABOUT HAD IT. SO I WILL PURCHASE A REALLY GOOD ONE. ANYWAY, I DROVE MY CAR ALL WINTER! AS LONG IT WASN'T SNOWING OR ICED ROADWAYS. I DIDN'T TAKE IT OUT WHEN THERE WAS SNOW ANY WHERE TO BE FOUND. I REALLY ENJOYED THE RIDES JUST AS MUCH IF NOT MORE DURING THE WINTER. SO, ENJOY THE RIDE IN THE WINTER AS WELL!:thumb GOOD LUCK :w

PAUL:cool

Be certain that any car cover has a soft underside. Wash and/or wax the car.
I had a friend who used an el cheapo cover and the wind action caused the cover to abrade the finish requiring a major polishing after removing the cover.

Howdy from socal
i cant help you with this storage concept either...
i dont understand it

From the far north:

For 6 month storage.

Indoors, Car cover, Battery tender, 3.5 bar/50 psi (check your tires for max pressure). Rotate tires once in a while. No need to stabilize fuel but fill up fuel tank (european fuel, if there are differences in quality)

//sweabe

sweabe-albums-1994-convertible-picture963-gone-into-hibernation.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom