Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Winter storage

Djcrisalli

Corvette
2013 427 vert, V.Yellow
Soooo...the northeast has salt and sand...tucked in for the winter
trickle charger on....
question: do I start the engine and let it run periodically, or let it sit till spring?
Merry Christmas to all and a safe and healthy New Year

Soooo...the northeast has salt and sand...tucked in for the winter
trickle charger on....
question: do I start the engine and let it run periodically, or let it sit till spring?
Merry Christmas to all and a safe and healthy New Year

Assuming that you put Stabil in the gas tank and ran it through the engine, AND assuming that you put a float charger on, NOT a trickle charger... Unless your plan is to start it up, drive it long enough to dry out the exhaust system, AND burn off any condensation that has accumulated in the crankcase... let it sit, unstarted till Spring and you will be good to go! :thumb

Thanks

Yep, float charger..
I put stabile in my motorcycles , but not the car...thanks for the reminder and help!

Let the car sit - you don't want to start it as previously stated.

Nope. Let it alone. If you run it, you run down the fluids, get moisture in the lines, and end up with problems.

gas

Yep, float charger..
I put stabile in my motorcycles , but not the car...thanks for the reminder and help!

All you Sta-Bil users, research StarTron. It's much cheaper than Sta-Bil, preserves gas, breaks down the phase shift of Ethanol, and actually restores old gas, not to mention the cleaning ability. I was a Sta-Bil user for YEARS, but switched 2 years ago. I treat bike, Vette, and all my power lawn & garden machines. I buy it in 32oz size from an online boat equipment merchant, costs less than $30....and treats 500 gallons!!!!! Let's see Sta-Bil do all this for that kinda cost. My lawn equipment start much more reliably since I started with this stuff. In the shed, I work off 2-5 gallon plastic cans. I add Startron to EVERY can I refill, all year long, that way my gas is always treated. I carry an 8oz (6 or 8 - don't recall) bottle (which I keep refilling from the 32-ouncer), in the bike and in the Vette, so I can add the 2 ounces required for each fill-up. Just Google it and form your own opinion.

Do as you wish but I recommend that you bring the oil temp up to 200 degrees .I might also recommend Conway self storage during the winter ,it's located next to the Orlando airport.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom