Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Winter storage

M

murph

Hello Everyone,
This will be my first year storing a car in New England for the winter. I realize it is only September 3, but I want to make sure I know what I doing and do it correctly. I don't want to miss anything. I have had a terrific summer with my first Corvette(2002 Z06) and looking forward to the fall season. I will be storing it in a unheated garage with a concrete floor.
Thanks for all your help.
Murph

HI there,
Just make sure you add fuel stabilizer to your fuel tank, just before you put the car in storage.
Also, a couple bags of moth balls, opened, for mice protection.
One on the engine, one on both sides of the cowl.
You should be just fine.
YoursinCorvette, c4c5:hb

murph said:
Hello Everyone,
This will be my first year storing a car in New England for the winter. I realize it is only September 3, but I want to make sure I know what I doing and do it correctly. I don't want to miss anything. I have had a terrific summer with my first Corvette(2002 Z06) and looking forward to the fall season. I will be storing it in a unheated garage with a concrete floor.
Thanks for all your help.
Murph

Murph,

In our Knowledgebase in the blue tab above is an article entitled Long Term / Winter Corvette Storage. Check it out.

The best thing to do for your car during the winter months is to bring it down here and let the us Southern Z06 members keep it warm for you, we promise not to hit the rev limiter... too often.
vettepilot

Re: Nice Winter Days !

6 Shooter said:
Don't u ever get any nice winter days up that way for a joy ride?

nope, its all horrible winter days, none of them nice enuff for a joy ride.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom