Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wiper Bypass

S

SRReality

The wipers on my 82 Collector's Edition are dead. There's power to the switch and to the "wiper control assembly" (in the jack stowage box behind the passenger seat), but not past it. The part is broken, it appears to me and a replacement is "maybe" not likely.

Can anybody coach me through wiring an "on/off" switch to bypass this complicated little mess? Missouri safety inspection requires "operating wipers". An "on/off" function will do it. I can read wiring diagrams, but decided that some expert advice from the Vet gurus here would save me a lot of time!

Here is the good......and bad news.

As long as you have the delay standard 82 switch in the dash, you will have to have the whole assembly together to work.

The great news is if you hurry, you can still purchase a new delay wiper module from your GM dealer.

The bad news is.....it is over $200!!!!!!!!!

The good new is.....it sounds like you will just plug it in and go.

However.....make sure your ground at the motor is solid, and run a jumper to test it just to make for sure. You can open the module and you will see it has a relay contact switch inside. Make sure the contact points are clean. You may be able to replace/repair that relay contact switch with some radio shack parts. Although, more and more all Radio shack sells are cell phones and batteries.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think dealers had any electrical parts for an '82 model left! I'll check it out and see what they have.

Checked with GM dealer--------no dice. None left. None show on his nationwide locater, either.

Back to Plan B.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom