Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wiper motors?

rowingone

Corvette
1964 conv
Does any vendor have replacement wiper motors for a 64 or do you have to have your old one rebuilt and if so how hard is it to do yourself? thanks!

OK so cardone does make a rebuilt one but about the $200 dollar range is the best I could find . . . I saw online that it is usually the relay switch that goes bad in the motor . . . anyone know about that?

OK so cardone does make a rebuilt one but about the $200 dollar range is the best I could find . . . I saw online that it is usually the relay switch that goes bad in the motor . . . anyone know about that?

Whaddaya wanna know?

:)

It's actually a set of points held open by a latch. Many times the points will close, but fail to conduct electrically due to corrosion brought on by time. In this case, hitting the points with a point file should bring everything back into operation. Points are actuated by a solenoid, as I recall, you should be able to check this out as well while the cover is off.

Ron - I have it apart so will file the points and check everything I can see . . thanks for the help!

You should be able to see the solenoid and see if it is unlatching the points when the switch is turned on. If you have the wiper motor out and apart, you should be able to jumper 12v power to it and check the operation. Don't have one apart and in front of me for reference, but it is fairly obvious when you're looking at it, I believe.

Well the switches do work but the motor is still not turning . . . a few of the copper wound wires on the motor, not the armature, were broken . . is this a deal killer and also is anyone familiar with corvette specialties of maryland . .they'll redo the whole shebang for $145.00 including the pump.

Well the switches do work but the motor is still not turning . . . a few of the copper wound wires on the motor, not the armature, were broken . . is this a deal killer and also is anyone familiar with corvette specialties of maryland . .they'll redo the whole shebang for $145.00 including the pump.

If you've got broken windings, that sounds like the way to go!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom