Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wire diagram

MADLT1

Corvette
lt1 71 brans hatch green convertible
a friend is haveing engine problems and needs a wireing diagram for his 92 vett,can anyone post some pics?

a friend is haveing engine problems and needs a wireing diagram for his 92 vett,can anyone post some pics?
What kind of problems,might make a difference on what schematic he needs!!:upthumbs

HI NEED FULL WIRING DIAGRAM
PIN VOLTAGE TABLE
IS ALL THE VOLTAGES AT THE COMPUTOR PINS
WHEN SYS COMES UP CAR WONT START THANKYOU

Going to need a FSM then , don't recall any diagrams with voltages for trouble shooting on them.
What does car do when trying to start?
Any codes showing?
Car has CCM which interfaces alot of systems. SIR for instance.If a fault is found while doing a self check will not allow car to start.

sorry for my ignorance but what is a fsm,and sir assitance?

FSM is Field Service Manual and as for SIR I do not know what it is.

Could you give us some more info such as the mileage of the car if there are any codes etc.

I am going to take a shot in the dark here and send you information on the TPS.

Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Copied from 1993 Service Manual
The Throttle Position sensor (TPS) is a potentiometer connected to the throttle shaft on the throttle body. It is a potentiometer with one end connected to 5 volts from the ECM and the other to ECM ground. A third wire is connected to the ECM to measure the voltage from the TP sensor. As the throttle valve angle is changed (accelerator pedal moved), the voltage output of the TP sensor also changes. At a closed throttle position, the voltage output of the TP sensor is low (approximately .5 volt). As the throttle valve opens, the output voltage should be approximately 5 volts.

By monitoring the output voltage from the TP sensor, the ECM can determine fuel delivery based on throttle valve angle (driver demand). A broken or loose TP sensor can cause intermittent burst of fuel from the injectors and cause an unstable idle, because the ECM detects the throttle is moving.

If the TP sensor circuit is open, the ECM will set a DTC 22. If the TP sensor circuit is shorted a DTC 21 will be set. A problem in any of the TP sensor circuits will set either a DTC 21 or 22. Once a DTC is set, the ECM will use a default value for TP sensor, and some vehicle performance will return.

A personal note, when my TPS failed it DID NOT set a code other than to tell me the ECM was bad.

This may not be your problem but at least it gives you somewhere to start and some basic information on part of what controls the fuel delivery to the engine. Before you jump to the conclusion that its the ECM be sure to check the fuel pump and filter the fuel pick up in the tank. So many times the ECM or OPTI gets replace and they are not bad. I know because I had a no start condition and put in a new ECM before I discovered the TPS was my problem.

I am sure others will jump in with other suggestions good luck and keep us informed.

Supplemental Inflatable Restraint ; Airbag to the common people.
Need to know NO start cond.
No crank?
No fire?
Won't run?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom