Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wire schematics

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Does anybody here have the capability of posting up the wiring schematic diagram/description for the 84-89 winshield wiper circuit?

Since those switches are mounted on the door panel instead of the column, I really think it won't be impossible to install that switch and duplicate that wiring into my 69. I have been looking at a column mount, but my column does not have any room in it for the switch. Plus I am rewiring the entire car from scratch, so nothing is out of the question at this time.

Thanks

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
I've got schematics in the garage Chris, I scan them for ya later today, after I get some sleep. (It's 4:20 here.) ;)

_ken :w

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Here ya go Chris, I hope it's what you needed...

wiringschematic1.1.jpg

This ain't working; I'll e-mail them as attachments. ;)

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I think you need to be on my Junkyard Wars team.

This helps a bunch. I can print it out in color when I get home and take it on out to the shop.

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Almost there

Ken,

I have just about got this thing figured. Here is my problem now. I bought a new wiper switch from a 84-89 Vette but it has no labels or indications of which terminal is which. I either need to get a harness plug, or see if you have a picture in that manual, or a chart, or a description that will indicate the position and identity of the harness wires. I am thinking the A,B,C,D terminals are labeled that way on the harness as the switch says nothing.

So, does anybody have their door panel off where they can send a quick pic of the back side of that switch plugged in, or does the manual show a diagram including the harness plug that indicates which wire is which?

Thanks for your help.

BTW, if I can get the info above, I will just solder wire stubbs to the switch. If not, I will have to come across the harness end. That may be a little tricky.

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Well Chris, I don't have a picture of the connector. I have a picture of the switch, but you already have that.

I found a diagram thoubh that may be of help. I'll include what I see, including the numbers, although I haven't a clue as to their meaning (the gauge perhaps?).

• .8 BRN -- 96 --> F
  • .5 LT BLU -- 995 --> E
  • 1.0 GRA -- 91 --> D
  • 1.0 PPL -- 92 --> B
  • .35 GRA -- (H) --8 --> A

Hope that helps you. As I've said, I don't understand the numbers, and the "H" might mean hell for all I know. :L

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Thanks Ken,

I just got back from a local Corvette repair shop. They hacked the harness out of one for me for $10.

Now, with that in hand and this schematic chart I am off and running.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom