Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

wont run well

gunslinger

Corvette
89 white rag top
i have a c4 its a 89 and i have put a 1000 in to repairs i have replaced the mass air flow sensor the egr sensor the mass brun off sensor the maf sensor the spark plugs distributor cap and module . have cleaned out the frount cats the thorttle position sensor and this car still wont idle when its hot its surging and stumbling this car run like a bat out of hell and now it runs so bad i wont drive it can anyone help me with this you can email any info at all to me at gunslinger3801@aol.com

I'm definitely no expert in this area but it sounds like a fuel supply problem to me. I'd get fuel pressure tester hooked up to it ( available at a local parts store ) and compare readings between hot and cold idle.
good luck

EGR circuit/system

no codes at all and noone can seem to fine out why it wount run you cant even drive it any more then 2500 rpms and it ****s the bed

You have two choices. Fuel and spark.
If it cranks and starts, it's not spark.
So you are left with fuel. Not enough, low pressure, or clogging.
First start with supply. Is the tank filled? Probably.
Is there fuel pressure to the injectors? You will need to measure that. There's a fitting on the fuel rail to tap off for a gauge.
Does it continue flowing at a rate high enough to keep the injectors firing? The fuel pump should keep the fuel pressure high enough for the pressure regulator to drop it down to the system pressure. The pressure regulator determines that.
Measurement takes the guess work out of it.

So either the pump isn't pumping, the regulator isn't regulating, or the filter is clogged.

thanks Pete that was the frist place we looked checked the whole thing fuel rail fuelpump injectors its not a fuel thing. am sending it out to mech. in Danvers mass. he is gm mech. and teacher have been told me is a corvette god when itcomes to the motors

well its up and runnen

yeay it turns out to be two fuel injectors the meck. had to find some old school tech. to find them one was getten so hot that it was firing the whole bank at once. well it cost two grand but its fixed

yeah it runs like a bat out of hell

yeah it is fixed / took three mech, and about two grand to fix. truns out to be fuel injectiors, guess the tools that are used dont check the injectors but check the sin, from the emc the injectors had shorts in them they had to find a tool that checked the inj it self owell it cost me dearly but its only money my harley has cost me more lol the price we pay for are big boy toys lol

Isn't the '89 F/I bank fired ??

Isn't the '89 F/I bank fired ??
Yes two banks of four injectors Each bank wired in parallel.

If one injector shorts out, the other 3 injectors will be affected.

89's used Multec injectors. The injector coils were cooled by the fuel.
The problem was the additives in the gas would eat the coill winding insulation resulting in shorted windings.

I hope they didn't put Multecs back in. You could of installed Ford Motorsport injectors for $300.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom