Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Won't Start

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
I have a '79 C3 Auto L48 with a complete Top-End Rebuild. She ran fine 3 weeks ago, I go out to start her up for a quick cruise and nothing. When I turn the key to start, no clicks, no crank but interior lights go dim. I have proper voltage at battery terminals and same voltage at generator. Starting to think it the Starter but haven't had much time to continue to troubleshoot it. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

Wow it's been quite awhile since I logged on to post anything and I'm surprised no one has replied yet. I think your right going with the starter you might have a dead spot inside. try giving it a smack wherever you can get at it, from under or from the top using a long drift. Good Luck.

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a bad connection at the positive terminal of the battery.
Good luck.

What's the condition of the battery?
:thumb

12.5 volts at battery terminal and the same at the alternator but when I put the key in the start position the lights are dim and I have a voltage of 9 volts at battery and alternator. There is no clicking noise and the starter never cranks. All grounds and connections are good. When I turn the key to start the engine all interior lights go off. Ideas?

Last edited:
It's the battery. thanks for the responses.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom