Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Won't start

aligator

Corvette
2000 C-5 Convert. Red
Have not driven my 96 LT4 for about 7 weeks, the battery was dead. I put a 2amp charge (slow) and this took care of the battery but the car won't start. The battery is strong but it just won't turn over. Did I do wrong with battery charger? I know this is not much to go on, any ideas? Thanks

Re: Won't strart

aligator said:
Have not driven my 96 LT4 for about 7 weeks, the battery was dead. I put a 2amp charge (slow) and this took care of the battery but the car won't start. The battery is strong but it just won't turn over. Did I do wrong with battery charger? I know this is not much to go on, any ideas? Thanks

Could you provide just a couple more details, please.

By battery is strong I take it lights are bright and shows good volts on the gage? As yours is a 6-speed try rolling the engine a bit by pushing in gear. Is any clicking noises or such when you try to crank it?:confused

won't start

Lights strong (after charge) cranks strong, no clicking noise, sounds like it's out of gas(have 3/4 tank) The Corvette shop in town is closed on Mon. so I will see about towing it in on Tue

when you turn the key on (but don't start it) can you hear a faint electric motor noise? my initial guess is the fuel pump is bad, or there is a short. did you check the fuses yet?

Thanks for the replies. Just got it back from the shop, it was the
hot coil. It seem that there is a hot coil installed and the stock coil was still installed but disconected, they just conected to the
stock coil and everything seem fine. Would I be wise to have another hot coil installed? what would be the benifits

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom