Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WooHoo! Went racing today

S

Scott81

Well I finally decided to give the motor a little run and have some fun. Brutus and Sean Dotson were in attendance as well as a big group of local Corvette guys. My first run sucked, that's the only way to put it, I was sleeping at the line and had a bad reaction time but made up for it the second time around but I definately need more practice :D and better tires than the 225/70-15's I just couldn't get traction off the line. Also need a little tranny adjusting.

Here's a couple pics of the fun I had showing my tires who's boss :D Posted links because the pics are large.

Burnout 1 Even though this run was bad I still crushed the Firebird :D
Burnout 2
Corvettes West This car belongs to the guy I bought my 383 from, nice!
Group Pic
Staging Raced this Mustang, fast car but he only got me by a car length....yes, I can admit that :L

Ken- it's Bradenton Motorsports Park, used to be Desoto Raceway. Home of the Snowbird Nationals, they even name the race after the geezers here :eyerole

How's the track surface? It sure looks like a nice setting. :upthumbs

_ken :w

Looks like a good time Scott.

I hope that was a Mustang car length and not a Vettes.:L

One of these days I'm going to find out how well mine will do as well as how I personally react.

Thanks for the pictures.

Rick

Ken- I should have run first thing this morning as the surface was nice and sticky. The new owners have really cleaned up the place and it's a nice place to go. So butthead blew his tranny and dumped 15 quarts of synthetic fluid all the way down the right lane so I didn't run until it was nice and hot out.

Rick- It was a great time, had a blast! He didn't beat me that bad, I had a 13.89 and he had a 13.5? I believe, it was close. A little more traction and better reaction and I could have beat him, no big deal though I was just out having fun :D

Grill Head lights

Scott where can i find some grill head lights like the blue vette has in your group picture, they look like camaro lights,:cool EYESOFTEX

EYESOFTEX- I'm not sure but he's dropping Brutus off at my house tomorrow, I'll ask him for you.

EYESOFTEX- I got an email back today, got yours as I was leaving for work. He told me he believes the headlight set up is from a 76 Caprice.

Scott what fun! It is so much fun running wide open and not worrying about seeing the red and blue flashing lights in the rear view mirror... I will be going out this weekend to the SUPER CHEVY SHOW here in Denver this weekend to race! Just cannot wait. If I can get my husband to take some pictures I will post them. Last year I did cut a perfect light and got a pin to prove it so now I got to try it again. Your Vette is alot faster then mine. I turn in the mid 16's but I still have a kick in the pants!! Have fun and do it more often, it does get addicting.
Debbie

vettedebbie,

Welcome aboad, this site is the best!

A perfect light and all you got was a pin?

I'm impressed, I've known some to come close but never knew anyone to cut a perfect light before.

I'll be watching for you pictures.

Man, here's a question for you!

Q: What happened when you smacked that Blue/White '69 with the Red '80, and for good measure threw in the time slip of the mustang??

A: You got my car! hahaha... Both vettes look awesome!

....man, I gotta go back and get pics next time... well, hell, we'll all see each other (hopefully!) at SharkFest. I'm there, dude... I'm looking forward to meeting many of you...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom