Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Worlds First Right Hand Drive 2009 Corvette ZR1

R

RubyZR1

....here downunder in Melbourne, Australia.
Engineered by Peter & Kane Whiston at Corvette Clinic in Bundoora, Victoria.
Soon to be followed by a 2009 Victory Red ZR1 and my 2009 Cyber Gray ZR1.
We hope you enjoy the pics...
rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2107-zr1-rhd-interior-1.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2108-zr1-rhd-interior-2.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2109-zr1-rhd-interior-3.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2110-zr1-rhd-rear.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2111-zr1-rhd-front.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2112-zr1-rhd-engine-1.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2113-zr1-rhd-engine-2.jpg

Here's a link to Corvette Clinic's website: RHD Corvette Conversion | Corvette Clinic Australia

:beer

I got to see my first ZR1 up close and personal... Awesome car, the owner paid 4k over the sticker price.

Nice engineering work to convert that ZR1, Ruby. :thumb

But I've got to tell you, learning to shift with my left hand would be a little unsettling for me. I'd be like learning to ride a bike by pedalling in reverse. Shifting with my right hand is too much like rote memory for me now.
:L

Nice engineering work to convert that ZR1, Ruby. :thumb

But I've got to tell you, learning to shift with my left hand would be a little unsettling for me. I'd be like learning to ride a bike by pedalling in reverse. Shifting with my right hand is too much like rote memory for me now.
:L
Thankyou for your comments Patrick.
Shifting with your left hand is natural for us downunder. It's all we've ever known.
Driving a left hand drive car on our roads is a little unsettling until you get use to it. There is a natural desire to "keep right" off of the left hand shoulder of the road, which means you have to watch that you don't accidentally crossover the white line in the centre of the road.

We have a member who had taken a late C4 over to Australia, and he too had the Vette converted to right-hand drive.

I got to tell you, I am very impresssed with the quality of the conversions you guys get over there. Do the conversion shops have connections with GM? What I mean is -how do they get those left-hand pieces of interior to look and fit so well?:upthumbs

GerryLP:cool

I guess ya'll down-under are coming up on your spring, right? Please send us some website links for beach images or videos...;):_rock:guitar:reddevil:drool::thumb

GerryLP:cool

Really Nice ! Who says money can't buy happiness. :chuckle Thanks for the Great pic's.>George

Hi all, Shifting with my right hand is not natural nor is driving on the left,or changing gear on a motor cycle with the left foot or having the REAR brake on bicycle on the right. More people in the world drive on the left hand side of the road and travel clockwise but here I am. I did have an old Riley Pathfinder in the UK that had a right hand shift but that's another story. That really is a great quality conversion ! Roger.

....here downunder in Melbourne, Australia.
Engineered by Peter & Kane Whiston at Corvette Clinic in Bundoora, Victoria.
Soon to be followed by a 2009 Victory Red ZR1 and my 2009 Cyber Gray ZR1.
We hope you enjoy the pics...
rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2107-zr1-rhd-interior-1.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2108-zr1-rhd-interior-2.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2109-zr1-rhd-interior-3.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2110-zr1-rhd-rear.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2111-zr1-rhd-front.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2112-zr1-rhd-engine-1.jpg

rubyzr1-albums-worlds-first-right-hand-drive-2009-corvette-zr1-picture2113-zr1-rhd-engine-2.jpg

Here's a link to Corvette Clinic's website: RHD Corvette Conversion | Corvette Clinic Australia

RubyZR1,
Thats great work guys, very rare to have a ZR-1 down there.
Don't mind me ask what the ZR1 cost you in total ? To get it over there, & convert to RHD ?
There was a guy in sydney who got a 2006-Z06 over there, totall cost with RHD conversion is 180k aud :eek
I know the import tax are high in australia, & the conversion kit is around 40k. But the ZR1 would be more.
cheers

RubyZR1,
Thats great work guys, very rare to have a ZR-1 down there.
Don't mind me ask what the ZR1 cost you in total ? To get it over there, & convert to RHD ?
There was a guy in sydney who got a 2006-Z06 over there, totall cost with RHD conversion is 180k aud :eek
I know the import tax are high in australia, & the conversion kit is around 40k. But the ZR1 would be more.
cheers

Mine will be around $335,000AUS by the time it's registered to drive home.
RHD=$55KAUS.
All-up price depends on the AUS/US exchange rate.With our aussie$ buying $0.85US, the all up price now will be a little less than what I paid.

Mine will be around $335,000AUS by the time it's registered to drive home.
RHD=$55KAUS.
All-up price depends on the AUS/US exchange rate.With our aussie$ buying $0.85US, the all up price now will be a little less than what I paid.

Bloody hell :eek
In the end, its all worth it, you gotta fine rare machine there mate !
cheers,:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom