Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Worst factory color?

I was never much for the BROWN colored Vettes.

However, I REALLY disliked the Mary Kay pink that I had seen as a repaint. Or that one low rider Vette with the wheels that stick out and a Midori-metallic green paint job.

Worst Factory Color?

1980 Frost Beige (code 59). My C3's original color, it has been repainted red, and repainted black. This car will need to be painted, but it won't be the original "Frost Beige"!

Re: Off Color

It's always dangerous to give an opinion about color because some one will generally disagree with you. Having said that, there was a color during the mid and late 70's called Corvette Tan Buckskin Metallic that bothered me. While it was a pleasant, conservative color it just didn't work on a Corvette. Perfect for a 4-door station wagon, but not a Vette. Just my opinion.
I agree about 'opinion', AND about Tan. My best friend had a '77 Tan exterior/Brown (?) interior. My first response was :puke! WHY would ANYBODY, least-of-all GM, paint an honest-to-God sports-car/hot-rod 'Tan'? It looked like something you'd find in a diaper!
He busted his hump on the paint; polish, buff, wax, etc., and it DID look better (quality-wise) when he traded it on his current Vette (a Torch Red C5), but it was STILL 'just' Tan...
Strangely, I kinda LIKE the Brown exterior/Camel interior combo; the dealership I detailed Vettes at as a kid had several in this get-up (probably THE first Vettes I 'drove'), and Brown sharks STILL turn my head...
P.S.: 'Pewter'-colored C5s look like Silver that needs washed...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom