Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Worst factory color?

J

JBWeaver

All Corvette's a great cars, but some of the factory colors leave something to be desired. I don't like the Aqua and don't care for the 95 or 98 Indy Pace cars paint scheme. I like White, Black, Red, Blue and love Millennium Yellow.

Sorry JB . I just can't think of any bad Corvette colors . Cliff

Seems to me there was a 2 tone brown (rust) color in early '80's that I didn't care for & I'm not to crazy about the aqua either .. but I really like most of them ...

:w :) :beer

I like all of the blue colors, including aqua. I think Lemans Blue is my favorite. A member had a chrome bumper here in that color, that was lost to a fire, and I loved the color.

I suppose if I had to pick a color I did not care for it would have to be a brown, like UPS brown, but I like the two tone 1982 CE vettes' beige and brown colors.

I've seen a 'harvest gold' color on a chrome bumper C3...that at first glance I hated, but it has REALLY grown on me!
When I think of chrome bumper sharks I see them in either the above mentioned blue color or this gold color!

Speaking of decals...I also don't care for the purple, yellow and checkered flag design I've seen. I certainly like the vettes, but I am a person who likes things understated and that design is too much for me.
To be honest, I have only seen pictures and it is quite possible that I would change my mind once I saw one in person!
Heidi

i like the admiral blue the best. i am not real impressed with the orange they had for the C-3's

robin

Early 70's Orange Flame is a pretty hideous color. That being said, I have seen one fresh from the paint booth that looked quite nice. It still looked wet it was so shiny.

Red is hard to beat but I like all colors except black. Black shows too much dirt, spots and imperfections. It's also too hot down here in the ol South. :mad Man, is it hot here today! How hot is it? It is so hot that I saw a dog chasing a cat and they both were walking:L

Save the Wave :w

Ha!

It was so hot in GA today I saw two trees fighting over a dog!
:L
Heidi

I have to disagree with you Heidi - there is a reason GM stopped offering the two tone brown and beige. It's hideous - reminds me of a 70's polyester suit and tie combo.

Culprit

Red!

Strange.. but the color I don't like on Corvette's is red!

I just don't like the color red. But then a friend of mine (with a red car) doesn't like blue! esspecialy blue cars!

To each their own....

I'm not big on Harvest Gold, Ontario Orange, or Elkhart green either.

-Gooney0

Culprit said:
I have to disagree with you Heidi - there is a reason GM stopped offering the two tone brown and beige. It's hideous - reminds me of a 70's polyester suit and tie combo.
Culprit

I guess it DOES look like a leisure suit! ;LOL
But I still like it. I think I like the light champagne color best but I also like the 'fading' of the decal colors.
h

I saw a Pink "non factory" C-3 at the NCM a few weeks ago. I should have taken a photo but didn't want to waste the film. I feel for ya'll back there in the heat. I moved from Dallas 16 years ago to So Cal, rarely above 85 along the coast, and nice and cool at night. But I do pay a price $1.97 a gal for gas.

A pink corvette?! Did it have a "Mary Kay Cosmetics" sticker on the window?
:L

Culprit

Culprit said:

Culprit

Ontario orange is the one orange that

I hate the orange they used on 74 and newer cas was horrible!

I was never a big fan of orange either... always preferred either red or yellow. There's always the "in-between". Of course that was before I found the car I'm riding around in right now.

For me, I never liked the white vettes, just never appealed to me. I have to agree with the aqua also.

But 50 years of colors will do that, you just can't please everybody!

Sly

Off Color

It's always dangerous to give an opinion about color because some one will generally disagree with you. Having said that, there was a color during the mid and late 70's called Corvette Tan Buckskin Metallic that bothered me. While it was a pleasant, conservative color it just didn't work on a Corvette. Perfect for a 4-door station wagon, but not a Vette. Just my opinion.

Remo
:cool

i had a friend in high school that had a '68 roadster in pearl white. it was a beatiful car. it only took him six months to wreck the car, sand it down, repaint it black, (this he did himself) put a hard top on it that he cut t-tops into......

sad to say that after he was done with it, it didn't look quite the same. but that was only the first in many wrecks that the poor car endured. never give your 15 year old a beautiful car like that.

Tan or dark browns don't do a thing for me. I do like corvette bronze though.
As long as it's not Barbie pink!

I am not a lover of any of the browns or the cream coloured 'vettes. I don't know what the real name for 'cream' is but it is like an off white, but lets face it ALL 'vettes are lovely!!!

Oh no I agree with Remo about something!! My brother-in-law has a '77 in Buckskin Tan and it's just "not right" on a Vette. But I mean it in the nicest of ways. :D And I've seen a couple late 70's in a dark brown that were a tad bit unappealing. But like someone said earlier..... to each his/her own.

.............. Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom