Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wow $110 a barrel

Wayne robson

Corvette
sold my last corvette.
Wow , at $110 a barrel as of today, i guess its going to get bad, Being a kiwi New Zealander living in Australia, it converts to approx $6.00 to $7.00 a gallon. I remember one of my first trips to LosAngeles i purchased a rough no 4 1953 Buick Skylark for $9000,wish i still had it, this month twenty years ago 1988, gas was 99cents a gal, cannot remember want it was a barrel. Wayne.

Let's organize and not buy gasoline for one day/week. Let it back up into the system, that will send a message to whom ever..................

Let's organize and not buy gasoline for one day/week. Let it back up into the system, that will send a message to whom ever..................

Won't hurt them at all, you'll just buy later as the price goes up. I remember 15 cents per gallon at Clarks Super 100 stations in St. Louis, in the early 60s, when my 56 vette, with twin 4 barrels, got 16 mpg on the highway. But I was only making $15 a week at a part time night job while in college. After graduation in 64, was stationed in Alaska and had a 63 SWC, 300 hp. Premium at the base was 55 cents per gallon (couldn't run the low octance MO gas), and I had jumped to $222 per month as salary as an ensign. One can never get ahead of this game of fuel prices. Now that I will soon be retired, the cost of gasoline will outstrip my pension. But I still want to drive my vettes, so I will pay the price. Just have to cut back on the necessities, such as food and clothing, and will have to have Remo send my medications.
Barrett

Now $115

Just over a month ago it was $110 today $115, i guess one month from today it will be, who knows----- :bash

$120.00 a barrel

I guess it had to happen, just under two weeks ago from $115 a barrel,or does it have to happen,:bash

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom