Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Wrecked my Vette

Don't know why I'm not receiving these posts. I have it set to receive instantly, oh well.

Hey fellas. Merry Christmas.

The $1800 I got was the equity in the car. I only had it 8 months and only put 7K on it. They paid off the car note. There's no way they'd sell it to me. I have a feeling they already have a buyer for it. They even demanded the top back after they told me to throw it away or sell it. I wish I had that recorded. The car was wrecked sans top.

As for two years, yeah, I know, that makes me a little anxious but my insurance company said I have excellent coverage. Besides, both cops said she was faking it. That doesn't matter in court but my insurance company said they will need a lot of documentation. If a guy like Ken Nugent or whatever his name is on TV gets involved they may even get less because my company said he takes a huge cut. After the wreck I got out and went to her car and she was on the cell phone moving her neck back and forth and waving her arms, as soon as she saw me she froze solid and put an arm on her neck. It was SO fake. But anyway...

I finally found a C6, they're bringing it in from L.A. It won't be here till next week. I drove a C6 yesterday but it was driven hard and put away wet. I have been looking like crazy since a day or two after the wreck. The C6 drive WAY differently than the C5. It FEELS smaller, handles smaller and tighter and I really have to get used to the different color HUD and it's not as nice a HUD as the C5. Why did GM mess up a good thing?

I think Honda makes what, a million vehicles? Corvettes? 34K+ tops? So it's like a needle in a haystack.

Anyway, happy holidays.

... I finally found a C6, they're bringing it in from L.A. It won't be here till next week...

Wow! Long way to go to find a replacement! What year C6 is it?

... I drove a C6 yesterday but it was driven hard and put away wet...

I guess I don't get that; I stopped at my bank at the end of October, and there was an older gentleman there with a yellow C6 coupe. We started chatting, but it didn't take me long to notice that his C6 looked exactly like what you're describing: rough. It definitely had a "50-foot" finish on it. He mentioned he thought it had been tracked before he bought it, but still...

... I really have to get used to the different color HUD and it's not as nice a HUD as the C5. Why did GM mess up a good thing?

Eh, well, you know those engineers: they can't resist the urge to tinker with something... :eyerole

It's a 2007, 30K on the clock, Monterey red, 3LT package, mag ride, fully loaded.

Yeah, I had a bunch of dealers looking for me. Seems there's not a lot of 07 3LT's out there.

Another thing I DESPISE about the C6 (and if anyone can help me out please do) is the rear view mirror with that wretched, permanent, always stinking ON, message about the air bags. Is there a fuse to disable that? A wire I can temporarily snip? It is glaring and annoying. :mad

It's a 2007, 30K on the clock, Monterey red, 3LT package, mag ride, fully loaded.

Yeah, I had a bunch of dealers looking for me. Seems there's not a lot of 07 3LT's out there.

Sounds nice! Pretty color too!

I know it's not the best time of year for it, but I'd have been sorely tempted to just fly to LA and drive it home myself...!

... Another thing I DESPISE about the C6 (and if anyone can help me out please do) is the rear view mirror with that wretched, permanent, always stinking ON, message about the air bags. Is there a fuse to disable that? A wire I can temporarily snip? It is glaring and annoying. :mad

Before doing anything really drastic (like cutting wires), and admittedly never having seen the set up you're describing, I think I'd just try a piece of black electrical tape, cut to fit, over the annunciator light...

I was THIS close to flying out there but with the TSA hassles, forget it.

Cutting wires is no problem with my background but I wouldn't do it anyway, unless it was real easy to get to. Can always re-splice later. I already thought about the electrical tape, thought about it the second I saw it. If you've never seen it you should go look. It is annoying as all get out. It's actually distracting. What IDJIT thought of that or was it another guvmint mandate?

I was THIS close to flying out there but with the TSA hassles, forget it.

Eh, yeah. I understand. I'm actually surprised it took this long for the backlash against the TSA to surface; I was pretty sick of their bureaucratic antics and senseless, illogical policies by the end of 2001...

... If you've never seen it you should go look...

I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever get the opportunity to drive a C6. I occasionally toy with the notion of getting a C6 Z06; but like with any of these cars, I'm afraid if I drive it, I'll want it -- in addition to the one I've already got... And I just don't have enough garage space for all of them... :(

The reason that there are so many 2007 C6 Vettes on the market is that they are lease returns. Most people get three year leases. I have also driven a few C6 Corvettes and they just do not excite me like my C5. I want a newer Vette, but sure don't really like the idea of getting rid of my C5.

... I have also driven a few C6 Corvettes and they just do not excite me like my C5. I want a newer Vette, but sure don't really like the idea of getting rid of my C5.

I've not driven a C6 yet; on paper, it appears to be a better car than the C5. But not as much as the C5 was compared to the C4.

Furthermore, the overall styling of the C6 has just never grabbed me. I thought it might grow on me as time went on, but it really hasn't. Don't get me wrong: the C6 is still a fine-looking car. And I know the C5 had its styling criticisms (big butt), which Chevy did address nicely in the C6. But I've personally never found the rear-end styling of the C5 to be less appealing than the front-end styling of the C6... And overall, the styling of the C6 just seems a little too, well, "angular." The C5 has much more graceful lines; nice curves. I know they were aiming for a C3 "retro" influence in the C6, and I can see it in the front/rear perspectives; but some of the other "blocky" styling cues just seemed to be borrowed a bit too heavily from Cadillac...

wreck 2 close img279 blur.jpgwreck 1 img278 blur.jpg

Ouch - I know how you feel. Here's my handywork from February. Glad to hear you were OK!

Ouch! At least it's not totaled.

Tim, you're 100% right. I do like the graceful, curves on the C5, a lot. But after buying mine and driving it for a couple of weeks I am very satisfied with it. It handles very differently than a C6, it's a lot tighter.

I have also really taken a shine to it. It looks much more like a muscle car yet still retains that Vette look.

The interior with all the option imaginable is unreal. With this nav system you can even issue spoken commands. Plus, I bought Monterey Red, what a cool color. I get a lot more turned heads in this car.

Plus, when I punch the gas from a stop to get up to say 65, I'm there so fast I can't hardly believe it, and I don't even feel it. It has a g meter in the HUD but unless you're gonna run it on a track you can't feel anything.

No regrets buying a C6.

... Tim, you're 100% right. I do like the graceful, curves on the C5, a lot. But after buying mine and driving it for a couple of weeks I am very satisfied with it. It handles very differently than a C6, it's a lot tighter.

I have also really taken a shine to it. It looks much more like a muscle car yet still retains that Vette look.

The interior with all the option imaginable is unreal. With this nav system you can even issue spoken commands. Plus, I bought Monterey Red, what a cool color. I get a lot more turned heads in this car.

Plus, when I punch the gas from a stop to get up to say 65, I'm there so fast I can't hardly believe it, and I don't even feel it. It has a g meter in the HUD but unless you're gonna run it on a track you can't feel anything.

No regrets buying a C6.

I see you've updated the photo in your posting margin! Nice-lookin' ride! Enjoy!

Are you still looking for a car? I know where you could get a torch red 2000 convertible with an auto and a little over 26,000 miles. It has light oak interior and looks beautiful. You can get it for under 20K. Let me know if you are interested. It does have HUD.

Another thing I DESPISE about the C6 (and if anyone can help me out please do) is the rear view mirror with that wretched, permanent, always stinking ON, message about the air bags. Is there a fuse to disable that? A wire I can temporarily snip? It is glaring and annoying. :mad

Pauls new ride!!!

Are you still looking for a car? I know where you could get a torch red 2000 convertible with an auto and a little over 26,000 miles. It has light oak interior and looks beautiful. You can get it for under 20K. Let me know if you are interested. It does have HUD.

Seems Paul has left the C5's after his little mishap. This sounds like it could be an incredible find for someone. Do you know of the car, or know personally who is getting rid of it? You might think about posting it up in the C5 for sale section.

Pauls new ride!!!

Seems Paul has left the C5's after his little mishap. This sounds like it could be an incredible find for someone. Do you know of the car, or know personally who is getting rid of it? You might think about posting it up in the C5 for sale section.

My friend was going to buy it, but in the meantime he bought another one. I work part time selling classic cars www.sierraclassics.com I told the owner (David Brennan) about it and he jumped on it. He uses it for his personal ride now until we sell it. I told him I would put it out there on some of the Vette sites. If I had the cash, I would've bought it.

close by

Hey Paul - I have just come across this thread because I have just come from the C4 world to the C5 - first, sorry about the C5 & real glad no one got hurt - it always sucks when you lose a good one - this is my 3rd vette - C3-4 now 5 - no bumps so far, knock on wood - it would seem that you are enjoying the 6 & you should be - we should hook up some time - I live in Douglas Co. - moved not long ago off of Dorsett Shoals Road over to the Saint Andrews golf course subdivision (Post Road) - I'm married, 56, work alot & dont get out much - if nothing else, I'll be sure to wave if we pass by - D.

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 77
Hey Paul - I have just come across this thread because I have just come from the C4 world to the C5 - first, sorry about the C5 & real glad no one got hurt - it always sucks when you lose a good one - this is my 3rd vette - C3-4 now 5 - no bumps so far, knock on wood - it would seem that you are enjoying the 6 & you should be - we should hook up some time - I live in Douglas Co. - moved not long ago off of Dorsett Shoals Road over to the Saint Andrews golf course subdivision (Post Road) - I'm married, 56, work alot & dont get out much - if nothing else, I'll be sure to wave if we pass by - D.

Cool, I'll look for your Vette. I sent you a PM.

Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom