Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB 2001 C5 White Z06 with Black/Red Interior

Dadman1950

Corvette
2012 GS Vert 2000 C5 FRC Pewter
Looking for a white Z06 with the black/red interior combo. 2001 was the only year for the white z06. must be original and matching numbers. thanks

That will be a tough one to find! I have a customer who wanted the same car but ended up buying a 2004 Commemorative Edition Z06 because neither she nor I could find that elusive '01!

Elaine

That will be a tough one to find! I have a customer who wanted the same car but ended up buying a 2004 Commemorative Edition Z06 because neither she nor I could find that elusive '01!

Elaine

Yes, I'm aware it will be tough. Only 137 made, all in 2001. I can wait though since I already own a C5 and C6. If you see or hear of any let me know. Thanks

I've never seen one. I had a white C6 Z06 with a red and black interior, but that's a different animal. Good luck! :thumb

I owned one of them that was ordered new by me. (Black Red Interior)Had a kid hit me in a 4X4 on election day in 2004 and put me in a ditch, Car was totaled. Bought by Keystone Corvettes on Salvage title and rebuilt....then resold. Even though I have 6 Corvettes in my collection I still miss that car!

Bobert

Yes, I'm aware it will be tough. Only 137 made, all in 2001. I can wait though since I already own a C5 and C6. If you see or hear of any let me know. Thanks

Tough is really an understatement...near impossible is more like it! I spent two years looking for just such a car...and I'm in the business...no luck.

Elaine

Tough is really an understatement...near impossible is more like it! I spent two years looking for just such a car...and I'm in the business...no luck.

Elaine

Well I guess the "Force is with me" because I am currently negotiating on one. White/Red - checks out totally. 50K original miles. So I know you know the market what would you say it should sell for? thanks
rick

Well I guess the "Force is with me" because I am currently negotiating on one. White/Red - checks out totally. 50K original miles. So I know you know the market what would you say it should sell for? thanks
rick

Because of its rarity, the retail will be almost whatever the owner wants! And if you want it, you'll probably pay more than it's really worth...IF the owner knows what he has. What does he want?

Elaine

Because of its rarity, the retail will be almost whatever the owner wants! And if you want it, you'll probably pay more than it's really worth...IF the owner knows what he has. What does he want?

Elaine

50K, clean carfax, 2 owner, no scratches or dings, interior no cracks or wear. Seller says no defects at all and car needs nothing. i am having the recalls checked to see if they were performed. seller wants $22,500. a fellow forum member put me on to this car.

I think, with 50k miles, $20k is all the money. BUT...if you want the car, you will buy it. Let's face it...they are extremely few and far between. $20k should be the price. Use that as a starting point but be prepared to go higher if the owner knows what he has and if you really want it.

Elaine

By the way, have you actually seen the car?

Elaine

By the way, have you actually seen the car?

Elaine

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing $20 was my price too. The mileage does not scare me being an LS engine. What scares me the most is if the car has been "ridden hard and put up wet" so to speak. I have not seen it except for about 50 pictures and the carfax. I am waiting for him to tell me he will negotiate that price before I buy a plane ticket to see it. From all indication I feel pretty good about the car, I wish i felt as good about the seller.

I'd suggest you arrive at the selling price BEFORE you head out there!! Once you are there, he has the advantage.

Elaine

I'd suggest you arrive at the selling price BEFORE you head out there!! Once you are there, he has the advantage.

Elaine

Absolutely! Good advice! My plan - if I get that far with this guy - is to have the entire deal negotiated (I'd probably be willing to give him a couple hundred up front to hold it for me until I could confirm the details - money would be refunded if it did not check out - you have any thoughts on that idea?)and I would only be going to confirm the car's condition and title and to deliver the cash. With this seller there is no way I'd make that trip without a firm price agreed upon in advance.
One other question if you don't mind If you have a car shipped out of state by a licensed shipper to be registered in a different state you do not pay tax to the seller is that not correct? I have bought a few cars on line and had them shipped and never had to pay tax - only had to pay tax in the state I registered the car in. Am i not correct in this? The seller wants me to pay tax to him and I told him that was not the way it works.

Wow, you are lucky to find one so quickly. Even with the rarity, $20k is probably tops on that car. (It would be for me anyway). I love the Speedway white Z cars and the red/black interior is the only way to go.

I found one on Craigslist in the KC area about a year ago at a dealer. About the same miles/condition.

Sounds like you have a few concerns about this guy. I would be extra careful if you are concerned.

A deposit to hold the car until you get there is definitely in order. However, it should be made clear that deposit is to be returned if something isn't right. Then again, maybe he won't be agreeable to that. You could fax or email him something written to that effect along with the deposit. In my store, a credit card is ok, but in this case, a bank check might have to be what you use.

As far as sales tax, that is paid in your state, not his, if you are shipping it. And don't let him tell you any differently! Some states (Massachusetts for one, where I am) require the buyer to pay the sales tax in MA IF he drives the car home but not if it is shipped. Even when it is paid here in MA, the buyer does not have to pay it again in his own state. He will only pay the difference if there is a difference in the sales tax rate. It's a little confusing sometimes. However, you will NOT pay him!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom