Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

(WTB) callaway wheels

N

Ned Sutton

Anyone have any information on callaway dymag wheels for sell???

*Ned, I moved your post in hopes it does not get lost in the 10+ pages of cars for sale. If anyone knows where a set of wheels can be had, it is here.

Good luck with the search! :beer

All the Dymags that where for sale are now owned by Sam! ;)
Sam is our notorious Dymag collector so I think selling is no option in his language :D

Groeten Peter.

All the Dymags that where for sale are now owned by Sam! ;)
Sam is our notorious Dymag collector so I think selling is no option in his language :D

Groeten Peter.

Whos this Sam guy, I want to meet him :D

Yeah really...

Who the heck is Sam? :eyerole

I know him as Magnesium finger!....

-Luigi
:cool

Ned, Are you looking for the 17" Dymags??

If so, they have varied in price, from ~ 2k for a set in need of refinishing, to over 2k per rim, in some cases :eek:hnoes

On your 1987, the 16" Dymags or the (late) 17" Callaway Dymags would be correct as options.
They are out there, but go rather fast, when priced right :beer

dymags

Ned, Are you looking for the 17" Dymags??

If so, they have varied in price, from ~ 2k for a set in need of refinishing, to over 2k per rim, in some cases :eek:hnoes

On your 1987, the 16" Dymags or the (late) 17" Callaway Dymags would be correct as options.
They are out there, but go rather fast, when priced right :beer
Thanks for the info 89x2. I have a 87 #35 total original car including tires and wheels, mileage 1498 documented. The car was sold from Malcom Konner NJ chevrolet, on his Callaways he would put the BBS 16in wheels on them before selling to the new owner. I am going to take it for NCRS judging soon, What would be correct? Would you leave it the way it was sold from the dealer or change to the 87 corvette wheel or dymag. Thanks for your response. Ned

Welcome Ned, where in CO?...Denver is home...mike

HI Mike, I live in Pueblo West about 105 miles from Denver. Thinking about bring the callaway up for a NCRS event in March. Ned

Very good...I do miss looking out over the the rockies....I cannot comment on the wheel/ tire combo, but sounds like a fabulous car....please post a pick if you can.....mike

HI Mike, I live in Pueblo West about 105 miles from Denver. Thinking about bring the callaway up for a NCRS event in March. Ned

My brother lives there - says it is simply paradise! :cool

I visited his place when I was out there for Vettes on the Rockies last July - from his kitchen table, he has an unobstructed view of Pikes Peak, off in the distance :w

Thanks for the info 89x2. I have a 87 #35 total original car including tires and wheels, mileage 1498 documented. The car was sold from Malcom Konner NJ chevrolet, on his Callaways he would put the BBS 16in wheels on them before selling to the new owner. I am going to take it for NCRS judging soon, What would be correct? Would you leave it the way it was sold from the dealer or change to the 87 corvette wheel or dymag. Thanks for your response. Ned

Ned, corrrect as the way it was built, would be an 87 stock rim, or a 16" Dymag.

Unfortunately, when it comes to judging, what dealers did - no matter how attractive, may not pass the muster of the judging manuals :confused

Here are pics of each. :cool

1987 Callaway 16" Dymags:

87b.JPG

1987 Stock Wheel, as used on Callaway Corvettes (Standard rim):

1987 Stock Wheel, as used on Callaway Corvettes (Standard rim):
Just curious, would they have had the 16x9.5" all around like the Z51's? Or the standard 16x8.5" up front and 16x9.5" in the back? Did the B2K option mandate one or the other?

Just curious, would they have had the 16x9.5" all around like the Z51's? Or the standard 16x8.5" up front and 16x9.5" in the back? Did the B2K option mandate one or the other?

It depended upon the suspension option ordered with the car. The B2K was avail. on "Base" suspension cars along with Z51 and Z52 Corvettes :cool

Did the factory ever mix the 8.5 and 9.5 on the same vehicle? I had an 86 back in late 86 that was this way. I thought someone had changed 2 of the wheels as I was the second owner.

I use to live in Colorado Springs just outside Garden of the Gods. My boys and I would take the Banshee and Blaster and 4Wheel in Pueblo just off I25.

I miss the snow and the mountains that Colorado offers. We use to take the back roads thru the mountains behind the Broadmore Hotel and head to Cripple Creek for a little gambling fun.

When you have time post some more pictures of your '87. I have the magazine that your car was featured in. Very nice looking car. You must be struggling not to drive it.

...and welcome to the forum :w

Did the factory ever mix the 8.5 and 9.5 on the same vehicle? I had an 86 back in late 86 that was this way. I thought someone had changed 2 of the wheels as I was the second owner.
Yes, the base suspension had 8.5" wide wheels up front and 9.5" wheels on the back. The Z51 had 9.5" all around. I want to say the Z52 also had 9.5" wheels all around, but I could be mistaken.

All the wheels had 255/50-16 tires on them though. I have no idea why they had two wheel sizes, especially as it meant you couldn't rotate the wheels on the base suspension cars.

It depended upon the suspension option ordered with the car. The B2K was avail. on "Base" suspension cars along with Z51 and Z52 Corvettes :cool

Chris, I think that was only on the 87-88. I thought by 89 the upgraded suspension was mandatory or automatic default on B2k anyway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom