Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB - Door latch assembly

AdvancedAutoCC

Corvette
'96 coupe (Torch Red), '85 4+3 coupe (flat black)
Hey guys,
I've got a '63 in the shop that needs a driver's side door latch assembly. So far, from everywhere I've looked these are made of "unobtainium", but I've got hope held out that a CAC'er may have a good used piece. Concours correct is not necessary, just a piece that will allow opening the door from the inside (the inside cam is wallowed out). Can anybody help?

Thanks to any and all who reply.

Looks like it's Plan "B" then..... thanks all!

sent you an email earlier - guess you never saw it!? by door latch assembly, I assume you mean the piece that you use to open the door? the one, the little "black ball" is attached to? if this is what you are talking about, I will sell you a pair left and right (together only) from my 1963 restoration

Got your email

c5vetter said:
sent you an email earlier - guess you never saw it!? by door latch assembly, I assume you mean the piece that you use to open the door? the one, the little "black ball" is attached to? if this is what you are talking about, I will sell you a pair left and right (together only) from my 1963 restoration

I got your email and replied to it... stupid AOL probably lost it.

Anyhow, the piece I'm referring to is in the rear of the door. The latch grabs the door striker in the jamb. The pieces you refer to are the inner door mechanisms, which I do not need. The problem I have is the cam lever for the inner door actuator rod on the latch assembly is wallowed out and requires opening the door from the outside. Plan "B" is to grind away the rivet holding it and repair the cam and weld it all back together (not a problem in my shop, but I'd prefer another latch mechanism). Thanks for your email and post replies, and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

no problem - have seen what you are looking for on eBabe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom