Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB Lug Nuts ,Covers and Locks

Barrier

Corvette
1993 Convertible 1999 FRC Pewter sold
I am looking to buy a set of Lug Nuts, Covers and Locks for Painted Thinspokes. Anybody have a set?
Barrier

Barrier, I'm far from an expert, but I would not buy used lug nuts to use on my car. I have replaced all the lug nuts, locks and the plastic covers on all of my vettes more than once. Each time I bought new from Mid-America. Just my .02 cents. :w :pat

Bowtie911, Why is that? Enlighten me.
Barrier

Berrier, I have found over the years that most people do not change their own wheels as I do. They will use a local shop for repairs and tire changes etc. Most shop will used air guns to loosen and tighten the lug nuts, which I find tends to get them out of shape. Also I believe that over tighting the lug nut will stretch the wheel studs. I have seen some ugly wheels and lug nuts as a result of over tighting them. Hope this helps. :w :pat

Berrier,

I replaced a couple of sets on my 02 this summer. The best buy is at your local Chevrolet dealership where they actually were in stock.

I am replacing the Chrome Thinspokes I now have with Painted Thinspokes, as well as new tires and TPMs. I have the full set of Chrome Lug Nuts and Locks that are now on the car. I could use them but I would like to see the look with the OEM set-up. I am not even sure what the full set will cost from the Dealer but I would like to save a bit. As long as the covers are not cracked, the nuts and locks not stripped I don't see the problem. I am not looking to get a set from someone who Tracks their car and changes tires often.
I was hoping to find someone who has made the opposite swap of Painted to Chrome. Many people seem to change out their wheels after low mileage with little repetative removal of the stock items.
Incidently I have used a Torque Wrench for lug nuts on all my cars at least since my first Vette bought new in '68, best way to go. I even criss cross and tighten in stages.
Barrier

Let us (me) know how you make out. I haven't mounted my painted thinspokes yet because of the lug nut/cover choice.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom