Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

WTB Parts to switch my 78 from Auto to 4 Speed Standard

Corvette
75 Stroker 4spd Frame Off, 05 Cpe 6spd
for 1978

I'm starting to get the parts together to swap from auto to 4 speed standard trans. Just starting to gather the parts.

I can get a 4 speed locally. I've got the bellhousing. I'm going to go new flywheel and clutch (of course).

Need everything else.

I missed an opportunity to get EVERYTHING at Carlisle that somebody went to a six speed hydraulic clutch setup. Everything was there including the drive shaft! I ran out of money and couldn't get it!!! :W

Does anybody have these parts or can somebody send me in the right direction.

Chuck M

Contemporary Corvette

My 78/l82 after the Hurst install,I looked at a 79 with a auto,but wanted a 4spd so I just waited till 1 surfaced.A Hurst will be your best bet since the org shifter is mounted to the cross member.

151839234XAsmkJ_ph.jpg
[/IMG]

Any luck ? Ya check out that link?

I checked out the link. It was great! Thanks!

Good news though, I just bought a 1979 4 speed car complete. So complete it makes me wonder if I should switch or keep it as a second Corvette.

Sssooo not only do I have ALL the pieces, but I have the ultimate visual example!

What fun choices I have now.

If I do switch the 4 speed to mine, I'll be parting out the 1979!

Chuck M

:cool Glad ya found a 79 with the parts ya needed.Im sure if ya decide to part it out, it wont last long. Good luck !

Update:

I'm keeping it!

Now I need a rear glass and a left (driver's side) lower control arm.

It's as stock as they come for a '79. From mini-spare to smog pump.

(except for the $1500 Alpine Stereo) reminds me of when I was younger...Look Dad, the car does run, but the stereo!!!:rotfl

Chuck M

:D Glad ya decided to keep it. I owned 3 at one time.Good luck with the parts hunt.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom